Complaint Review: SDG Homes - Trevor Surdu

• Updated: Sun, July 20, 2014

• Reported By: Don't Build with SDG Homes — Howell Michigan
SDG Homes - Trevor Surdu
410 W Grand River Ave Brighton, Michigan USA

SDG Homes - SDG Homes is a subsidiary of Surdu Development Group, Inc which was founded by Trevor Surdu. SDG Homes, Trevor Surdu fails to complete work, very unprofessional, continues to lie, and demonstrated fraud. Brighton Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Real Very Unsatisfied Customer

*Consumer Comment: Best Contractor Around

Do not walk....RUN from this builder. SDG  Homes is full of broken promises and has a long list of complaints from unhappy customers. Sadly there are not many reviews posted online for potential customers to get a real understanding of the  nightmare  you will endure if you choose  them to build your new home. Please do yourself a favor and take the time to talk with past purchasers before moving forward  with this company. I wish I would have practiced what I'm preaching so to speak and maybe I would have saved myself thousands of dollars and countless headaches. SDG will take your money and then take every opportunity to stall the process of completing your home. We missed five closing dates and from speaking with other SDG customers this is a very common occurrence. The craftsmanship of these homes are poor at best  even resulting in several failed inspections.  SDG homes president, Trevor Surdu is a smooth talker and will tell you everything you want to hear knowing he does not intend to follow through. Overall this company is a ZERO out of ten and I wouldn't have given the one star if I didn't have too. Again I strongly encourage you to walk the neighborhoods that have been built (Pine Creek Ridge in Brighton) and currently being built (Amberly Woods in Howell) and talk with customers of SDG homes before committing to anything. You will quickly see a pattern of negative experiences from one homeowner to the next.

I am on a mission to spread the word of this dishonest company in the hopes of saving at least one individual/family from the  nightmare my family has endured.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2014 06:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SDG-Homes-Trevor-Surdu/Brighton-Michigan-48116/SDG-Homes-SDG-Homes-is-a-subsidiary-of-Surdu-Development-Group-Inc-which-was-founded-b-1163499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SDG Homes - Trevor Surdu

Real Very Unsatisfied Customer

AUTHOR: Mike - ()

I wanted to comment on the rebutall of this complaint. I can assure you that this is a real complaint as I myself have had a home built with SDG Homes (Trevor) and Ovi. Drive to any of the homes that this company has built and speak with the homeowners and they will all tell you the same story. Building with SDG homes is a nightmare that nobody should have to endure. I can almost guarantee that few if any homes were completed on time as we ourselves missed a 1/2 dozen closing dates because of SDG Home's incompetency. I have talked with neighbors that had the EXACT same experience with them as well. PLEASE, do your homework on this fraudulent company, I wish we would have. I  just have hopes of spreading the word and helping others avoid the same mistake we did.

Best Contractor Around

AUTHOR: beastmodemomma - ()

I used Trevor and his company did an amazing job on my investment property. Showed up on time and finished the job ahead of schedule.  Any reports to the contrary are few and far between and most likely posted by his competition.  A zebra can't change his stripes and I am confident you will have nothing but a good experience if you move forward with SDG.

End result was better than I even imagined.  Recommending him to EVERYONE I know.  It woudl be a mistake not to give him a shot.