Complaint Review: SKS ASSOCIATES

• Updated: Thu, August 04, 2011

• Reported By: Rebecca — Portland Oregon United States of America
SKS ASSOCIATES
PO BOX 7861 NEW YORK, New York United States of America

SKS ASSOCIATES DEDUCTED MONEY FROM MY BUSINESS CHECKING ACCOUNT FOR CREDIT CARD MACHINE THAT WAS RETURNED UNUSED FOUR YEARS AGO! NEW YORK, New York

4 years ago (2007) I was approached by a representative of a credit card processing company.  What weas supposed to be a 10-minute meeting turned into a one-hour hard sell the day before I was leaving on a 4-week vacation.  When I returned, a credit card processer was waiting for me.  I did not open the box; just returned it unused and notified the provider via phone and in writing that there was no contract and that any contract they thought there was would be voided.  I totally forgot about the incident after that.  Now, in 2011, I receive a notice from SKS Associates (sent to my home address, not my business address).  SKS advises me they will be deducting $71.18 from my bank account for taxes/fees for some lease through Lease Finance Group.  As I had no such lease, I assumed it was a fraud and wasn't too worried about the threatened debit to my bank account, as I did not see how they would have any account information to make such a transaction.  Wrong!  After the debit showed on my statement, I searched for SKS Associates on the internet and learned of their scam.

It is my personal opinion that a class action suit should be filed against them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2011 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SKS-ASSOCIATES/NEW-YORK-New-York-10116/SKS-ASSOCIATES-DEDUCTED-MONEY-FROM-MY-BUSINESS-CHECKING-ACCOUNT-FOR-CREDIT-CARD-MACHINE-T-761023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SKS ASSOCIATES