Complaint Review: SRIS Law Firm

• Updated: Wed, December 19, 2012

• Reported By: harrumph — charlotte North Carolina United States of America
SRIS Law Firm
1022 Court Street Lynchburg, Virginia United States of America

SRIS Law Firm , SRISLAWYERS.COM Crooked lawfirm takes money and runs Lynchburg, Virginia

*Consumer Comment: I have to respectfully disagree

Kimberly Denise Bolinskey, the lawyer I have contracted to do some very straightforward boilerplate work for me was fast to withdraw payment from my bank account, but has refused to contact or speak with me since. I talked to her once, before she was paid - after that she has fallen off the face of the Earth.

This SRISLAWYER place appears to be pretty much the Walmart of law firms - big, cheap and useful ONLY for the most simple of paperwork filing. I did not however expect them to be unable to even provide this.

The simple solution I intend, other than having filed a BBB complaint (two already existed against them) is to send an email to her complaining about her thorough lack of professionalism, and CC: every member of the VA bar, every VA judge and every VA senator.

It may not do any good, she may actually not know how to use a telephone, but after the first dozen or so such emails I wager her name will be pretty well known.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2012 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SRIS-Law-Firm/Lynchburg-Virginia-24504/SRIS-Law-Firm-SRISLAWYERSCOM-Crooked-lawfirm-takes-money-and-runs-Lynchburg-Virgini-880932. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SRIS Law Firm

I have to respectfully disagree

AUTHOR: luckyhooked - (United States of America)

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but I've just had a great one. I was caught doing 59 in a 45 along RT 29, right where the speed limit drops from 65 to 45. I called around to a number of lawyers in the area for representation, since I live in Raleigh, NC and didn't want to commute back for the court date. Most told me that the VA court system was so strict that I was almost guaranteed a hefty fine and possibly even a few points on my license.

Thankfully, Kimberly knew the area in which I had been stopped and assured me that it was a common occurrence and that the judge had been seeing a lot of identical cases that summer. At worst, I would face a fine and an online driving course. I chose to retain her, and 6 months (and 2 continuances) later, I got a letter stating that I owed the court something around $100, no class necessary and no points accrued.

I agree that there was very little communication, but it seems as if none was necessary. I spent ~$400 to retain her, and received 2 letters over that 6 month period notifying me of continuances. In all of my interactions, Kimberly was respectful and professional. I would recommend her to any of my friends found in similar straits.