Complaint Review: Sal's Auto Body

• Updated: Wed, April 10, 2013

• Reported By: salsuxdotcom — Nesconset New York
Sal's Auto Body
644 Middle Country Road St. James, New York United States of America

Sal's Auto Body took advantage, over priced, ignored, belittled, inconsiderate St. James, New York

*Author of original report: rebuttal

WORST BODY SHOP EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First of all, When I got in my accident, they told me I had to wait for my car to be towed when I was waiting to go to the hospital. I waited for almost two hours when they finally told me to just leave that they were running late. This should have been a red flag. Then I didn't hear from them for days! I called, emailed, and no responses!
Then, they told me my car would be ready in ten days. I did not get my car back for almost two months, and when I picked it up, it still had things wrong with it! They did the absolute bare minimum. They gave me my car with my gas tank on E! Also, my wiper fluid magically disappeared.
No one returned any of my phone calls. And when I called they told me they didn't understand why I was calling. How about the fact that I work full time and need to make arrangements to pick up my car. They also repaired something without my authorization and then charged me for it.
After I left I noticed some things were wrong with the car so I brought it back and they told me the breaks need to be replaced. So, they released a vehicle with knowledge of bad breaks without notifying me, putting the driver and the passenger in danger. They weren't even willing to fix it.
DO NOT USE THIS BODY SHOP. I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2013 07:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sals-Auto-Body/St-James-New-York-11780/Sals-Auto-Body-took-advantage-over-priced-ignored-belittled-inconsiderate-St-James-1040264. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sal's Auto Body

rebuttal

AUTHOR: salsuxdotcom - ()

Disregard. I retract my complaint about the tow truck and them doing the absolute minimum. Also, they replaced the wiper fluid. Lastly, the brakes are not included in the claim, so they needed to be replaced on my account, not Sal's.