Complaint Review: ScoreSense.com

• Updated: Wed, May 29, 2013

• Reported By: BillyM — Tustin California
ScoreSense.com
Internet USA

ScoreSense.com Deceptive business practices designed to obscure what their intent is. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: ScoreSense

*Consumer Comment: comment

I signed up with ScoreSense from an ad on one of my websties. I never do this and don't know why I did it here. During the signup process, they emphasied a $1 refundable requirement. I should have been suspicious at that point, but curions about my credit report and thought their service was basicly "free".

Well, a week later my wife asked me about a $30 charge on my card. I had no idea what she was talking about... I'd forgotten about ScoreSense as they were not upfront about this during the sign-up process. I called up and found out they sent a "Welcome Letter" with all the details of their terms-and-conditions after the fact rather than during sign up, which was obviously meant to obscure. I didn't see that letter as I get a lot of junk mail on the email account I use fro non-personal correspondance.

The person I talked to made it sound like she was cancelling me, everything would be fine, and my credit card would be refunded. What got refunded was $1, not $30.

I called them again today, furious this time, where another refund was requesteed,,, and just got another "Not Appoved" email.

Bottom line... avoid these people like the plague and their oily tactics (It would have been useful to be told about the monthly charge during sign-up rather than in a "Welcome Letter" that they obviously expect many,  like me, will not see or read, and planned on hanging on to the monthly charge because of their obscurity. Fooling people is their business model.).

I will be putting them out on social networks of all sort warning others to beware of their scam. They are unethical and obviiously plan on hanging on to the money they collect from people they knew weren't expecting a credit card deduction. That is totally why they do the "Not Approved" so quickly and easily. I'm sure they are getting a lot of pissed off people calling them.

I am going to take them to small claims court just for the principle. Even if they win, they have to have someone show up. I'm that pissed off about this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2013 06:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ScoreSensecom/internet/ScoreSensecom-Deceptive-business-practices-designed-to-obscure-what-their-intent-is-Int-1054842. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ScoreSense.com

ScoreSense

AUTHOR: ScoreSense - ()

Hi Billy,

Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM CST

We look forward to assisting you.

ScoreSense

AUTHOR: Jeanski - ()

These companies ARE a ripoff, but this time you have to take responsibility for it. I went to their website and it says right on the sign up page about the monthly charge.  It's not even in particularly small print. It's right at the top where you can't miss it.

If you chose not to read your email it's on you.