Complaint Review: Scott W. Wellman

• Updated: Sun, December 30, 2012

• Reported By: Former Client — Laguna Hills California United States of America
Scott W. Wellman
24411 Ridge Route Laguna Hills, California United States of America

Scott W. Wellman Wellman & Warren, LLP; Scott Wellman, Wellman & Warren Laguna Hills; Scott Wellman, lied, malpractice, cheated, lost, overbilled, damaged, evil, dishonest, rude, thief, disgraceful, poor communication Laguna Hills, California

*Consumer Comment: Ridiculous and Fake Comment to a Complaint about an Incompetent , Lazy Lawyer - Scott W Wellman

*General Comment: False claims

Scott Wellman was a horrible disappointment for our company, and we want to warn other businesses and consumers about Scott and how he practices law.

Scott Wellman took on several litigation and transactional matters for our small business. It is a business that had taken off in the recent 2 years despite poor economy, after my business partners and I poured most of our savings into a project we believed in. Scott Wellman failed us after putting himself in a position of trust as our lawyer. It looks like we were not his first victims.  Wellman & Warren lawyers failed to:
1. communicate about the legal work they were performing;
2. communicate settlement offer;
3. explain their billing practices;
4. provide us with options or any type of strategy.

Having Scott Wellman serve as our lawyer was the worst experience we have ever had in business. [continued below]....
..... In fact, Wellman & Warren LLP almost destroyed our business and our lives. We know that the Internet is not the most reliable source for references, but we urge potential clients to think carefully and do their own due diligence before they let Scott Wellman sweet-talk them into hiring his firm. This could be a decision that you could regret forthe rest of your life. Associates that work for Scott, such as Bimali Walgampaya, Cathy Zotti, and Anabella Bonfa are "nice", and generally polite, but are utterly incompetent. They have no business or litigation experience, and act as glorified secretaries for Scott. I believe that they are paid accordingly - less than contract lawyers.

If you read this, you are trying to do some diligence on Scott Wellman, and his firm. All we can do is warn you, and share our horrible experience with a person we consider to be an unethical lawyer, and a disgraceful person - Scott W. Wellman

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2012 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scott-W-Wellman/Laguna-Hills-California-92653/Scott-W-Wellman-Wellman-Warren-LLP-Scott-Wellman-Wellman-Warren-Laguna-Hills-Sco-929417. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scott W. Wellman

AUTHOR: vunguyen - (United States of America)

I was searching for Scott Wellman in order to post an online review about his services.  it appears that people other than myself had bad experiences with Scott W Wellman and his law firm in Laguna Hills.  I came across the above review and the moronic comment that I feel compelled to respond to.  The stupidy of the person that posted it would be difficult to match.  Why would a non party go out of its way to defend a lawyer, and then threaten legal action?  This is suspect.  If a former client wanted to stick up for his or her lawyer, he or she would describe the positive experience, and most likely end it there.  This fake post threatens legal action (absurd) which would be baseless even if the law firm or Wellman could identify the person that posted and described his negative experiences.  Also, even a non lawyer like me knows that slander is verbal communication, and libel is written.  This moron "Tim"  or whatever the fool's name is, apparently cannot even distinguish between the two.  Notice, this idiot is very vague about what positive experiences he alleges to have had with Scott Wellman.  He states that Wellman & Warren in Laguna is a legitimate legal firm.  He means law firm.  No one seems to question that Wellman's firm is a legitimate in the sense that it exists, and that Wellman has a license to practice law.  The complaint speaks to poor legal work, and describes what had happened.  The level of stupidy displayed by the consumer comment is almost entertaining.

My advice is that "Tim" goes back to being a greeter at Walmart, and stays off the web.  As for my experience with Scott W Wellman, here is the summary.  Wellman is a lazy lawyer that runs a mill with several contract lawyers.  He is lazy and expensive.  I hired Scott Wellman about 7 months ago for contract work.  I was selling my carwash business in South Orange county, and a friend mentioned that he knew Scott Wellman socially through some poker network.  Scott Wellman talked my ear off, and took at 10k retainer.  Then, the only person I had contact with was some young associate named Bimaly.  Work was of nolo press quality - utter garbage.  I had to get another lawyer to revise the contract.  This is how Scott Wellman and his law firm conduct business.  I plan on suing Wellman for malpractice, and urge everyone to check Wellman's references carefully.  This person gives the legal profession a bad name.  If anyone wants to speak with me regarding Scott Wellman, you can email me at rtboostj1@hotmail.com.

#2 General Comment

False claims

AUTHOR: Tim - (United States of America)

Wellman and Warren is a legitimate legal firm that helped me in the past. The negative comments made are by an organization that is in a legal battle with Wellman and warren. This is negative false slander used by these individuals and legal action will be taken against them.