• Report: #920280

• Updated: Tue, July 31, 2012

• Reported By: Wendy — Baltimore Maryland United States of America
Service Doctors
14155-B Sullyfield Circle Chantilly, Virginia United States of America

Service Doctors therefrigeratorrepair.com; All Time Services; charged for services not provided Chantilly, Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Repair my AC From Service Doctors

*Consumer Comment: Sime Problems in my home Air Conditioning

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Plumbing Maintenance From Service doctors

Service Doctors, a/k/a All Time Services, gave me a $1428 estimate for Traulsen freezer repair on 23 July 2012, which was to include a flush of the freon system, followed by leak detection, followed by recharging the whole system with freon, cleaning the condenser, replacing the thermostat.  The two guys who did the estimate didn't even pull the freezer out from the wall to look in the back, but just gave it an eyeball once-over.

When Mr. Singh came out to perform the repairs on 31 July 2012, the work turned out to be much less involved than what the estimate stated, and most of the work on the estimate wasn't performed and wasn't necessary.  In fact, I heard him on the phone with his office noting that everything seemed to be working properly . All he did was recharge the freon, tighten a valve, and clean the condenser.  I remarked that the work was far less involved than what the estimate suggested, and he agreed, noting that it really was only a valve.

After performing the work, Mr Singh went to his truck and returned with the invoice.  Service Doctors not only tried to charge $1428, but added additional "tax" onto that, bringing the total to $1513.  I objected on the grounds that the work set forth in the estimate was not the work performed.  Mr. Singh told me he does not handle billing so I called the company.

The customer service person I called told me I had to pay the amount on the estimate, on the grounds that "I agreed to the estimate."  He then insisted repeatedly that I signed an agreement to pay $1428 because I had signed the estimate.  That isn't what the estimate form says, though; it says "I hereby authorize repairs and agree to pay for them upon completion of job."  It doesn't constitute an agreement to pay the amount on the estimate regardless of how little work was performed.   They offered a 10% discount and I refused.  Then I told them I would report them to the state attorneys general for VA, MD, and DC.  The customer service person put me on hold, returned, and told me someone from the office would call me back with the correct price.

They never called back.  I couldn't hold the repairman hostage so I paid $1150 but it was still too much based on the actual work performed.  And to top it off, their repair was bogus.  My freezer was getting down to 5.1F before the repair and right now it's sitting at 5.0F and has not budged.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2012 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Service-Doctors/Chantilly-Virginia-20151/Service-Doctors-therefrigeratorrepaircom-All-Time-Services-charged-for-services-not-pr-920280. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Service Doctors

Repair my AC From Service Doctors

AUTHOR: Tom_clancy - ()

Service Doctors was a great option to repair my AC unit at a reasonable price.

Amit Jain who came out was quick & polite, and he came out on a Saturday morning after I called on a Friday. The number you are calling is his cell phone and he also communicates via text which is great. He let me know the issues that my older system has, and brought my older system up to a much better standard than it was before. Our experience with company in 2012 was not so much good but instantly they come up with lot of changes in company structure & services.

Sime Problems in my home Air Conditioning

AUTHOR: Taylor-Mark - ()

We returned from vacation on a Friday night to an 87 degree house. Service Doctors Air Conditioning answered my call at 7:30 and said they could come out the next day after another customer. I received a call from John the technician at 11 a.m. letting me know he was on the way. By noon he had the air running, and had cleaned both units.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Plumbing Maintenance From Service doctors

AUTHOR: Bejjani-Reuben - ()

I strongly recommend Service Doctors Plumbing.  The workers were extremely professional and they know their business very well.  While I am not a professional plumber at all, I've done a little household plumbing like soldering and running copper pipe, installing new sinks and faucets and replacing drainpipes.    I am very, very impressed with the quality of their work.  It's solid and clearly done with pride and attention to detail.  They provided me with an estimate for a somewhat unusual 3 day job, and they stayed within the estimate, too.   I'm definitely thankful to find them, and recommend them without hesitation.