forests

• Updated: Wed, October 03, 2012

• Reported By: CSFirst — Auburn Washington United States of America
Sew Beautiful Alterations
264 E Main St Auburn, Washington United States of America

Sew Beautiful Alterations Ruined clothing and didn't respond for it. Auburn , Washington

Recently purchased an evening gown for a wedding that needed a few alterations for it to fit me properly, and decided to try a tailor on main street hoping for a flawless job, boy I was wrong.

I entered this Sew Beautiful Alterations and spoke to the tailor about the necessary alterations, and her price was more expensive than the gown itself, I should've run right there and then. But when she saw me about to leave she started going on about how she was the best in town and no one else could work with that fabric, and she would give me a special price as new customer.

What I learned: DON'T FALL FOR THIS. I left my dress and went back later for a fitting. Noticed a few obvious stains I hadn't seen before and thread hanging out and asked about it, at which point the lady started screaming that it was a used dress and was already like that (when there was another just like it in the back).

I let it go and decided to try the dress, which was short to the ankle at the front (after being too long) and the tail hanging weirdly, and tight on the ribs. Tried to talk to the tailor, who wouldn't listen, and kept SCREAMING the dress was perfect and there was nothing wrong and I should just pay her, as she repeatedly insulted me.

So much for fittings. Put my regular clothes back on as she aggressively pulled the dress from me and wanted to force payment even though she wouldn't fix it or even want to calm down and talk. At which point I walked out and left the dress, and the insulting lady screaming behind me.

Think these are beautiful alterations? DON'T BOTHER. Simple pant alterations might be ok for her, but anything higher up, just save yourself the trouble. And BEWARE, you try telling her something doesn't fit right, she won't take it and start going at your face. What a Ripoff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2012 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sew-Beautiful-Alterations/Auburn-Washington-98002/Sew-Beautiful-Alterations-Ruined-clothing-and-didnt-respond-for-it-Auburn-Washington-950357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sew Beautiful Alterations