Complaint Review: South Beach Rentals

• Updated: Tue, April 08, 2014

• Reported By: Lilly G. — Van Nuys California
South Beach Rentals
Internet USA

South Beach Rentals, Investyle Real Estate, Cory Fritzler and Gabby Marques VRBO Worst Rental Ever South Beach, Miami, Florida Internet

I am a young seasoned traveler and have never experienced such poor service from a company. I have been to foreign countries and stayed in places with minimal ammenities, and still have never experienced the level of unprofessionalism I did with this company. Please read this rip off report and save your money!

I found a one bedroom condo on VRBO at a  great price of $255.00 a night and an option to hold the reservation with a half payment deposit. I spoke with Gabby Marques who represents Cory Fritzler and handles all the negotiations for dates of travel and collection of funds. She locked in the deposit via credit card and scheduled our stay on one of the busiest weekends in SOBE.

On March 4th, 2014 just 3 weeks away from our trip I received an email stating the reservation had to be canceled due to the owner losing his apartment. The email proceeded to inform me that another condo was available but the check in date would be a day later and the length of stay would be the same. At this point we were unable to make arrangements with the airline to change the dates around. We kept the reservation and booked a one night stay at a hotel on the beach. Gabby would not discount the last day of the resrvation becuase according to her this property was more money a night and the minimum stay was 4 days. We kept the reservation anyway and let her know we would be checking out a day early. We had no choice as there was no availability for hotels in the area with only three weeks out within the same price range.

When it was time to check in, we arrived at the Mercury Hotel on 100 Collins Ave. Unit #203. Gabby instructed us to go inside as the cleaning crew had just finished. We walked in the condo to find the maid still cleaning the unit with linens completely off the bed. I asked the maid when she would be done and she stated she needed 45 minutes. We left and returned 45-50 mins later. At this point there were still no linens on the bed and no towels. We waited until 4:25 to have the bed made. The unit had one half used roll of toilet paper, no ammenities usually provided in hotels. No soap, no shower cap, no shampoo, no conditioner and a total of three towels, no paper towels or napkins, nothing! We were lucky to find a market down the street and bought our own essentials. Gabby did not check in with us, and until this day I have no idea who she is. She left one key for four people to share. The place was more of a hostel with a private bathroom than a luxury condo as advertised on VRBO and AIRBNB.

We left a few items behind at check out, including a pair of expensive Brian Atwood heels, and when we inquired with Gabby to follow up, she never did. This place and company is a complete rip off, do not waste your time or money to save a few bucks. The no toilet paper issue is absurd and an insult to injury. I give them a 1/2 a star for their service and will never rent a condo in SOBE again.

BEWARE of SBEACHRENTALS.COM and INVESTYLE REAL ESTATE

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2014 09:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/South-Beach-Rentals/internet/South-Beach-Rentals-Investyle-Real-Estate-Cory-Fritzler-and-Gabby-Marques-VRBO-Worst-Re-1137413. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on South Beach Rentals