Complaint Review: SpeedConnect

• Updated: Sat, December 15, 2012

• Reported By: Stephanie — Williamsburg Iowa United States of America
SpeedConnect
Nationwide United States of America

SpeedConnect Just try cancelling, then you'll get a letter from a bill collector Williamsburg, Nationwide

I've heard of companies making it hard to cancel your service, but SpeedConnect takes it to the extreme. It literally took me two months to cancel my service spending at least 30 minutes on the phone several times a week on hold (I've been a customer for 5 years). I could never get in touch with anyone no matter what time of day I called. I even emailed to say I wanted to cancel my service and they said someone would call me to cancel, but nothing ever came of it.

After 2 months I finally get someone on the phone to cancel my account, that was back in August. Then today (December) I get a letter from collections stating that I owe SpeedConnnect $160. Again on hold forever, but I did get someone to answer and he told me he doesn't see any outstanding bills, the only thing he could think of was the equipment fee, which was returned in September. Now I'm waiting for another one of those "calls" to explain why I still owe them money...

I never got any letters, voicemails, or emails stating that I owed them more money. They also told me over the phone that they would send a check for $40 which was one of the extra months that I paid for while trying to cancel my account. I never saw that money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2012 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SpeedConnect/nationwide/SpeedConnect-Just-try-cancelling-then-youll-get-a-letter-from-a-bill-collector-Willia-982607. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SpeedConnect