Complaint Review: Sprint/Asurion

• Updated: Sun, April 17, 2011

• Reported By: 80216 — 80222 Colombia
Sprint/Asurion

Sprint/Asurion Just a flat out ripoff, Internet

I bought an HTC Evo for $500 and have used it normally for less than 6 months.  I pay $7/month for "Total Equipment Protection". Last week, the "top" button stopped working, and my phone became unusable.  I took it to the Sprint store, and was told that it had physical damage and would need to be replaced, and that I should file a claim with Asurion.  Of course, Asurion required a deductible to replace the phone -- $100.

In summary, I paid $500 for a phone that didn't last 6 months.  $7/month enabled me to ~only~ pay $100 for a NEW phone, which will probably less than  6 months.

I was ok with the $500 initial investment -- it's the $300/year defacto maintenance fee that has caused me to file this report.  If you're thinking about the HTC EVO with Sprint, be prepared to pay thru the nose -- I have the $99/month plan but every time I turn around, my balance due is over $400.

$99 Sprint money = about $150 your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2011 04:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SprintAsurion/internet/SprintAsurion-Just-a-flat-out-ripoff-Internet-718751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint/Asurion