Complaint Review: Stein Entertainment

• Reported By: vicky1234 — San diego California United States of America
Stein Entertainment
Hollywood, California United States of America

Stein Entertainment is NOT WORTH IT Hollywood, California

Recently, I was looking into different managements. I noticed Stein Entertainment which holds open calls every week and allows actors to email them for recognition.

This is rediculous. First of all, a big production company or management would not throw out their email and post events for open calls on Facebook. Being new to this industry, I decided to email Tj stein. Within a few hours, I recieved a response and exclusive invitation to an audition. I was well aware of the fact that busy managements and production companies would not have time to respond to every email they recieve within such a short period of time, however I agreed to audition.

When I arrived, the first thing I couldnt help but notice was that this "exclusive" interview had about 20 people. As I was waiting for my chance to audition, I talked with the other actors who were mostly beginers with very little prior experience and unproffessional photos. This was an automatic warning considering the fact that successful managements would not take their time to consider people just starting out in the business. No decent agent or manager would bother sending these kinds of clients to casting calls since directors strive for actors with years of experience and many features.

I walked in the room and talked with the man for 2-3 minutes. Afterwards, I was given 3 scenes to chose from for cold reading and had to perform my monologue. After about 60 seconds, I was interupted and asked more questions. He complimented me on my great looks and impressive acting. He offered me a two year contract and that as a manager, he would be finding me work and taking 15% of my profit.

I ended up signing with Stein Entertainment and a week later had an interview with Tj Stein. We discussed the fact that acting classes would be great for me and recomended several schools. I do not live in California, however I am very flexible with traveling. After a month or so and no auditions or calls, I decided to schedule a meeting with him to discuss my future as an actress. The interview seemed great, however I still wasnt getting any benefit from Stein Entertainment. I thought a management was supposed to guide you in the right direction, introduce you to people, and help find you work.

I am also signed with a great agency which sends me on 2-5 auditions per week. Since I am with Stein entertainment group, 15% of all my profit goes to that. I practically do not recieve eny benefits from the management, yet a part of my money is going out to it. In addition, my agency takes another 15% of my money. Although they deserve every bit of it, Stein Entertainment does not. It has been nearly six months, and my only association with the management has been 4 meetings with Tj and useless information about acting schools in LA which I could have found on my own. His main and only contribution to my acting career has been advice on different agencies in the area. Just because Sara Paxton is with Stein Entertainment does not mean her work is found by them.

Bottom line is...Do NOT sign with Stein Entertainment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2013 10:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stein-Entertainment/Hollywood-California-/Stein-Entertainment-is-NOT-WORTH-IT-Hollywood-California-996360. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stein Entertainment