Complaint Review: Stellar Antique Auto Restoration

• Updated: Sun, September 23, 2012

• Reported By: John — McDonough Georgia United States of America
Stellar Antique Auto Restoration
624 Main St. Windom, Kansas United States of America

Stellar Antique Auto Restoration Tim Bowers, owner Rip-off Artist Windom, Kansas

*Consumer Comment: I too was ripped off...

Yes, I know this rip-off artist, Tim Bowers, owner of Stellar Antique Auto Restoration.  He took me for $40,000 on a 1934 Dodge paint job.  I delivered the car to Kansas in June 2010 for a concourse, show quality paint job.

I returned over a year later in August 2011 to get my car.  Almost nothing had been done on the car.  The fenders and hood looked like they had been painted in a sand storm.  I have all receipts and pictures to document this claim.  I have pictures before and after his work and I can prove this 100 percent, because the car has been in storage and untouched since I brought it back from Kansas.

This man needs to be put out of business.  I am sure I was set up from the beginning.  He figured I was an easy mark because I am 76 years old and live 1000 miles away in Georgia.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2012 03:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stellar-Antique-Auto-Restoration/Windom-Kansas-67491/Stellar-Antique-Auto-Restoration-Tim-Bowers-owner-Rip-off-Artist-Windom-Kansas-945495. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stellar Antique Auto Restoration

I too was ripped off...

AUTHOR: Taken advantage of - (USA)

I too am an older (60's) out of state former customer of Stellar Antique Auto.  A year of restoration progress was followed by a year of inaction.  I received an invoice in Jan 2015 ($3000+) that I promply paid within two days.  The billing was primarily for parts that were supposedly ordered.  Following 9 months of having Mr. Bowers increasingly avoiding my calls and making false promises to me, in late September 2016 I flew 1700 miles to personally inspect and review the situation.  Following my visit, I drove a rental truck with my '39 Chevrolet in tow back to California.  The car was scattered in pieces in the Windom shop and the build had been neglected for months.  Approximately 7-10 other project cars were also in the shop when I visited.  This is what I learned:  (1) the parts invoiced and paid for in Jan 15 were never ordered.  (2)  more than one employee left Mr. Bower's employ the year previous because, in his words, he couldn't meet payroll deadlines and pay them in a timely manner (or at all?). (3)  Mr. Bowers was down to a single employee.  At that staffing level, the projects remaining in the shop should be finished within fifteen years - maybe.  If you have a car being worked on in Windom at Stellar I urge you to pull your project NOW and halt any payment requested.  I left Windom in September with my car.  For that I am thankful.  Mr. Bowers, however, waved goodbye still owing @$2600 to me for parts and services frauduently billed but never delivered.  This balance is now one year overdue.  A promise to repay the debt continues to be broken.  I will be willing to speak with anyone re: this fraud through my email address: [email protected]   Tim Bowers, you need to man up and pay your debt(s).