• Report: #1012091

Complaint Review: Stone Quarry Bulldogs – | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. Stone Quarry Bulldogs breed, show, sell English bulldogs, standard & mini sized. Stone Quarry Bulldogs, AKC inspected & compliant facility. Stone Quarry Bulldogs money back guarantees all puppies with 1 year written health guarantee against any life-threatening genetic defect! Dedicated to finding loving homes & educating owners for healthy loving bulldogs.

• Submitted: Mon, February 11, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, February 12, 2015

• Reported By: Anonymous — Brunswick Ohio United States of America
Stone Quarry Bulldogs
12126 Nelson Ledge Road Garrettsville, Ohio United States of America

Stone Quarry Bulldogs TRUSTED BUSINESS REVIEW: Stone Quarry Bulldog's customers receive complete satisfaction. Stone Quarry’s approach focuses on providing finest quality English bulldog puppies available.
*UPDATE: Stone Quarry Bulldogs promises continued operations improvement by joining Ripoff Report’s Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer by increasing their confidence when doing business with a member business. Stone Quarry Bulldogs is recognized by Ripoff Report as a Verified Safe business.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Stone Quarry Bulldogs for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s discussions with Stone Quarry Bulldogs have shown an ongoing commitment by the company to total 100% customer satisfaction. And this means that customers can expect that Stone Quarry Bulldogs will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns regarding English bulldog puppy purchases. Stone Quarry Bulldogs listens carefully to their customer's concerns, viewing them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes that may have been made, and also misunderstandings in communication that may have taken place.

Stone Quarry's owner, Melissa Riley, stated that her customer's satisfaction is a top priority! As a business owner, she knows it is critical to listen to her customer's concerns, responding promptly and courteously to each one. [continued below]....
..... By always making her clients a top priority, Melissa hopes to maintain Stone Quarry Bulldogs as a trusted household name, both now and for many years to come.

Stone Quarry Bulldogs' main goal is to provide customers with the wonderful experience of bulldog ownership, by adding a top quality, healthy, affectionate, playful and beautiful English bulldog puppy to their family. Some of the other things Ripoff Report learned in the course of its investigation - typical customer feedback reads: “The family at Stone Quarry Bulldogs are passionate about bulldogs, they truly love what they do, and do what they love!." These people truly care about their puppies and where they are going..." "They make sure to give an abundance of information about raising bulldogs to anyone that will listen. We are very pleased with Stone Quarry Bulldogs.”

Stone Quarry BullDogs is Ripoff Report Verified

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Melissa Riley during an onsite inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Stone Quarry Bulldogs.

Stone Quarry Bulldogs are dog breeders specializing in breeding English bulldogs, both standard and miniature sizes, stating, “Our goal at Stone Quarry Bulldogs is to offer healthy bulldog puppies at a reasonable price.”

The customer base at Stone Quarry Bulldogs has mainly been developed through word of mouth; however Stone Quarry Bulldogs can be found on several different websites including Facebook, puppyfind.com, and minibulldogsinohio.com.

A typical transaction would include the potential customer choosing their desired puppy online. A $500 deposit is then made, and an appointment is set for the puppy to be introduced to its potential owner. If the customers are local they will receive a tour of the facilities, as well as the ability to view AKC records. Out of state customers have the option of having their puppy shipped to its new home.

During the onsite interview, owner Melissa Riley was asked to describe some of the common complaints that they receive. Mrs. Riley stated that while they “rarely ever have a complaint,” she described two incidents. The first was a transaction made with a customer who purchased a female puppy out of state. During the shipping process Mrs. Riley mistakenly shipped the wrong puppy. When the customer contacted Mrs. Riley about the mistake Mrs. Riley apologized profusely and offered a full refund. The customer decided to keep the puppy and asked for a partial refund of $400, to which Mrs. Riley agreed. While Mrs. Riley did make a follow-up call to ensure the customer’s satisfaction, the customer was still unhappy with the transaction and stated there was no way to rectify the problem. The second incident involved a local customer who discovered the puppy they purchased had heart worm. Mrs. Riley gave the customer the option of a full refund or another puppy. The customer chose another puppy, and was ultimately satisfied.

Mrs. Riley described that their standard practice for taking care of a complaint is to follow up with both phone calls and emails to ensure the customer is satisfied with the transaction.

When asked to comment on complaints posted on Ripoff Report’s website Mrs. Riley described the process of breeding as well as the condition of the bulldog’s environment. In regards to the authenticity of the bulldog’s bloodline, “All male dogs are AKC licensed.” After an evaluation female bulldogs are artificially inseminated at Newton Falls Animal Hospital. All twenty dogs reside in a climate controlled building, while the puppies reside in the home with the owners for special care during incubation. The maintenance in handled by the owners Melissa and Rodney Riley.

When asked what type of changes they have made to honor their commitment to make things right with the customer per the request of Ripoff Report, Mrs. Riley stated that they have created a Facebook account as well as developed the website minibulldogsinohio.com, in order to make correspondence easier with previous and potential customers.

Mrs. Riley is pleased to be a part of Ripoff Reports Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. She wants to be a reputable company so customers are comfortable when purchasing from her. “We value customer advocacy and with the changes we made, we look forward to no longer having unsatisfied customers,” states Mrs. Riley.

Stone Quarry Bulldogs expressed their utmost confidence in raising English bulldogs. In the past 8 years Stone Quarry Bulldogs has been producing very nice English bulldog puppies, ultimately placing them in wonderful homes. Stone Quarry Bulldogs downsized and they now offer fewer puppies than before. This resulted in more demand for Stone Quarry Bulldog puppies. However, the owners believe quality is more important than quantity and will continue to ensure they produce only quality puppies. They have remorse over customers that were disappointed with them in the past, no matter why, and wish all customer experiences were as happy as most. Their goal is to have 100 % happy customers in the future!

Stone Quarry Bulldogs takes employee satisfaction very seriously as well. "Stone Quarry Bulldogs provides a very positive work environment." "Considering others’ needs, providing a safe, pleasant, relaxed yet productive atmosphere..." Often, employees are asked to stay for a home cooked meal. Workers do not need to bring a packed lunch when working at Stone Quarry because they know food and refreshments are always provided. The family at Stone Quarry Bulldogs is accustomed to serving others, and have absolutely no problem doing so. "They always take the time to talk with employees and customers."

Stone Quarry Bulldogs added pages to their website to provide more thorough information. Stone Quarry Bulldogs also added a Facebook page to maintain optimal communication between themselves and customers. Me!issa's cell phone number is always open to receiving texts and emails, while Robert's cell phone is available as a back-up in case of emergencies. A health guarantee is posted on their website and has been simplified from their prior guarantee so it is more understandable. Stone Quarry Bulldogs cares about their customers!

Stone Quarry recognizes that complaints posted (whether true or not) on Ripoff Report are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. Complaints can be valuable learning opportunities, if handled correctly. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report’s review, Stone Quarry Bulldogs has made changes that benefit their current and future customers’ puppy buying experience!

In summary, after our review, and discussions with Mrs. Riley and many of Stone Quarry Bulldog's past and current associates, Ripoff Report is convinced that Stone Quarry Bulldogs is committed to providing an excellent experience for their customers when purchasing their new English bulldog puppy.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. This program works.

Stone Quarry Bulldogs Castle Rock Bulldogs Sold Sick Puppies = this is a puppymill operation Garrettsville, Ohio

I would like to share my story but remain anonymous.  I went to see a breeder for an English Bulldog and what I saw was much more than what a normal breeder would do.  It was disheartening.  While the people were very friendly I just have to believe that God sent me there for a reason.  I don't think most people would have asked to see the other dogs but I did.  I knew something was not right.  I was not going to make any purchase until I knew the other dogs were well cared for.  The name of the place it Stone Quarry Bulldogs previously known as Castlet Rock Bulldogs.  They used to reside in Tallmadge, Ohio but have relocated to Garrettesville Ohio under a new name.  Their address is 12126 Nelson Ledge Road Garrettsville Ohio 44231. I would recommend someone pose as a customer and get on the inside.  I need to remain anonymous but would answer any questions you may have.  If people are not made aware then they will
continue to purchase their dogs because they just don't know.  The owner Melissa said we were the first ones in the barn.  Please help in getting the word out.  The dogs need you and the public needs to know.

Here is my story,

I was doing a puppy search for an English Bulldog and
came across photos and videos of puppies that were adorable.  So I made
the call to Melissa at Stone Quarry and proceeded to go meet what I thought
would be my new puppy.  I was thrilled that is until I got there.

I pull up to what looks like a lovely farmhouse with two barns.  I proceed
to go inside and my first instinct was that something just was not right.
But then she brings in this cute little puppy and tells me he has a cold but he
is on antibiotics.  Okay, no big deal.  I did not see any other dog
in the home and I was thinking that is strange.  If you love your dogs
then they should be in your home getting lots of love and attention.

I began playing with the puppy and thought gosh he stinks.  No puppy
should smell nor have a cold.  Something is not right.  So I asked to
see the parents.  Well I got the same story.  That they did not have
the dad but it was a brother of this champion.  I insisted I see the other
dogs parent or not.  At first she only took me outside.  She really
did not want to show us the other but I was not buying a puppy until I knew he
was born into a loving environment.  Well I enter the barn and oh my

I see dogs upon dogs.  At least 20 or more.  At first I thought okay
3 to a nice size pen, access to the outside, food ....  And frozen
water.  Okay that was when I waned more information.  I ask to see
more and behind me are at least 10 crates, rusty, dirty, pee and poo with a
female in each one.  And yeap most of them pregnant.
Disgusting!  I am appalled and begin looking closer at these dogs and they
had dirty paws from walking in their own poo, they were not happy and I wanted
to cry.  Every where I turned more dogs in a crate or dirty pen.  I
ask to see another puppy. They bring one from another room and I held that
puppy and he just snuggled up in my arms as though he had never been held like
that yet.

As I handed him back she turned to put him back in a closed off room and I
peered my eyes through the crack of the door that was slightly open and that is
where the females with pups were.  And when I seen the filth and she was
in a crate ugh.  Those poor dogs.  I left and will not go back and
will share my story with others.  Please take my advice and always ask to
see the other dogs and if they are treated poorly then please don't buy one as
that only adds to the problem. The only way to stop this is to educate others
and stop buying from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2013 05:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stone-Quarry-Bulldogs/Garrettsville-Ohio-44231/Stone-Quarry-Bulldogs-Castle-Rock-Bulldogs-Sold-Sick-Puppies-this-is-a-puppymill-operat-1012091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stone Quarry Bulldogs