Complaint Review: Straight Talk Cell phones

Straight Talk Cell phones
Walmart #1084 3838 S. Semoran Blvd Orlando, Florida USA

Straight Talk Cell phones Fraud Orlando Florida

Cesar Jimenez Fontanez, Orlando FL

I visted Walmart at S.Semoran Blvd on July 2nd, 2014.  I wanted to buy a cell phone.  I was interested in a cell phone that can provide connection internationally.  Since, I have relatives in the Dominican Republic.  Straight Talk offered in their advertisment unlimited international calls to more than one thousand countries including the Dominican Republic.  To verify this information a spoke with one of the representative in the store and he stated "yes" that this country was included in their coverage.  Furthermore, I visited their website to verify if this information was accurate, on their website the Dominican Public is on their list.

So, I bought the product.  When I got home I followed the directions on the package, for my surprise I was having difficulties making phone calls to Dominican Republic.  After, a couple of unsuccesful intents, I decided to call the company to find out what I was doing incorrectly.  I spoke with Straight Talk represententative, and she explain that the area code I was dailing Straight Talk does not have coverage.  I said " so, which area codes are included and she could not answer.

Futhermore, the Dominican Republic for my understanding has two area codes and these are: 829-809. I did not know what she was talking about.  This company is using fradulent advertisement to sell their product.  I requested a refund for the card and she said "the company does not provide refunds".  This is a fraud and this kind of actions need to be stop.  The adverstisement tool they are using is to make false promises with surprising and negative outcomes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2014 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Straight-Talk-Cell-phones/Orlando-Florida-32822/Straight-Talk-Cell-phones-Fraud-Orlando-Florida-1160474. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Straight Talk Cell phones