Complaint Review: Studio Beauty Warehouse

• Updated: Thu, October 11, 2012

• Reported By: Ashley/Pam Nemes — Elk River Minnesota United States of America
Studio Beauty Warehouse
PO Box 33622 Granada Hills, California United States of America

Studio Beauty Warehouse Sun Laboratories 2 Free Roundtrip air fare to Hawaii for purchasing their promotional package Granada Hills, California

*UPDATE Employee: Under New Management

I attended the Chicago Beauty Show March 2011 and entered a contest for 2 free round trip airfare to Hawaii. I received a written notice with a contact number to receive my tickets by mail. When I called the contact number, a salesman told me air fare promotion was free with a purchase of their promotional product lines from Sun Laboratories.

So I purchased Sun Laboratories product line worth $250. When I received the products I had a Travel Certificate in with my order, with vague instructions on the certificate and minimal contact information. No contact ph. number provided from the company who submitted the Travel Certificate Registration form (Studio Beauty Warehouse) a PO Box address was provided only. I was to fill out and send in this form after an itinerary was in place 60- 90 days prior to travel dates which was the expectation before I could receive 2 travel vouchers.  An attempt on 10/9/12 was made via email to get better communication from the company to process this certificate with no response from Sun Laboratories. [continued below]....
.....

Suspicions arose when we tried to tenatively set up a trip with a local travel agency. When we showed them the form they stated "The manager and I have never seen anything like this before" " It might be a scam" Advise: Don't pay for airfare ahead and expect to be reimbursed!

After multiple attempts to reach the company (Sun Laboratories) found on their websites contact information , I only got their voice mail and have yet to hear back from either Sun Laboratories or Studio Beauty Warehouse. Last attempt to contact was today  Thurs. 10/11/12

This truly appears to be a genuine scam. Waste of my time and a disappointment from a company who provided false promises for their own financial gain!! Thankfully, I had great advise from a reputable travel agent who does have consumers best interests at heart.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2012 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Studio-Beauty-Warehouse/Granada-Hills-California-91394/Studio-Beauty-Warehouse-Sun-Laboratories-2-Free-Roundtrip-air-fare-to-Hawaii-for-purchasin-953792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Studio Beauty Warehouse

Under New Management

AUTHOR: NEW MANAGEMENT - ()

First off I would like to apologize to any consumer that feels they have been scammed.

We are the leading manufacturer for self tanning lotions and sprays. We are not in the business of selling tickets we give those as a bonus in purchasing one of our promotional packages.

The packages are a way for smaller businesses and individuals to try all our best selling products at distributor pricing without having to do the ditributor minimum order of $10,000

We are a family owned business that has been the leader in self tanners for over 30 years. Please direct all your questions and concerns to our new and improved customer service team at (800) 333-6003 ext 143

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC