residential

• Updated: Fri, January 25, 2013

• Reported By: Laurie — Rescue California United States of America
Sunset Group/Cancun Premier Vacations
Cancun, Select State/Province Mexico

Sunset Group/Cancun Premier Vacations Premier Cancun Vacations They said that if we attended a 90 minute presentation and toured three resorts we could get vacation plus three more vacations Cancun Mexico

*General Comment: Timeshare Scams in Mexico

*UPDATE Employee: New Dreamweek Certificate

I was contacted by Premier Cancun Vacations who said that we could stay a week if we participated in a presentation (which actually lasted 6 hours instead of 90 minutes) and offered two other vacations in addition to the Cancun Vacation. We did go on our vacation and it was pretty good.

The Gentleman, Eduardo, I stated above is in Reservations at Sunset Vacations, was very helpful and did the whole transaction with me and was very helpful.  But when I went to try and use the other vacation certificates, the Dream Vacationweek.com that is where we run into the big problem! I was promised I could have 2.5 years to use it and it expires  2-2-2013.

It is the Customer Se-rvice Department that I have a big problem with.   I cannot get through to because the certificates they gave us for the other vacations are not usable.  Ron said it was no problem to get another certificate to allow for an extended date but has never sent me the certificate either email or snail mail.  I have been trying to several times to get through and found out Ron was on vacation.

I have spent over 2 hours on the phone today trying to get through to any numbers: 1-866-961-8354 and when I call to get through to the second person, Louise at  6784 I am put on hold and now the line disconnected. He said that Ron was supposed to take care of it  on  1-13-2013  and Ron is on vacation and won't be back until next week.. Louise put me on hold to talk to his manager and then I waited and waited and got no where and finally the line hung up and of course, he has not called back either.

I spoke to Eddie in reservations 15 minutes before who said not to worry and that it would be no problem to get the certificate.  Well I think this whole thing is a scam. The sales department was extremely high pressured and we did not get out of their office in Cancun until six hours later through a very stressful situation and forbid us to go another person's time share presentation, El Cid. That's a whole other story in itself.

The company is like many others, good on the outside but cannot follow through with their promises for other vacations done in a timely and honest manner.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2013 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sunset-GroupCancun-Premier-Vacations/Cancun-Select-StateProvince-QROO-77500/Sunset-GroupCancun-Premier-Vacations-Premier-Cancun-Vacations-They-said-that-if-we-attend-1003356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sunset Group/Cancun Premier Vacations

#1 General Comment

Timeshare Scams in Mexico

AUTHOR: ThomasR - ()

I'm sorry to hear about that, The Sunset Group, along with Mayan Palace and the Royal Elite timeshare resorts are particularly known for using misleading and fraudulent timeshare sales tactics. Therefore, next time, before you purchase (if you ever do) you need to think carefully how you will use it in your life, and if you have the money to spend; take your time and don´t make any commitments on your first visit. Also, don’t forget to do an internet search on the company, and if the company is legit they will let you come back another day if you wish to make de purchase.

New Dreamweek Certificate

AUTHOR: PCV Quality Control - ()

We, as a company, take pride in our vacation packages which are typically sold with not only great vacations here in Cancun, but with bonus certificates for vacations to additional destinations. Unfortunately, it seems that an older Dream Week certificate was inadvertently given to you.

We are very sorry to hear about the problem that you have experienced with the customer service department and we thank you for bringing that issue to our attention, as we appreciate and rely on customer feedback in order to continually improve our quality of service.

If you would be so kind as to provide me with your full name and/or booking number so that I may access your records within our system, I will make sure that a replacement Dreamweek Certificate, with an extended use date, is immediately federal expressed to the address we have on record.

Sincerely,