Complaint Review: Sunset Harbor Resort

7041 Kingston Cove Lane Willis, Texas United States of America

Sunset Harbor Resort Fraud & Deceit in Selling Timeshare Willis, Texas

*General Comment: My Experience

*General Comment: Would also like to file against PRL

*Consumer Suggestion: never buy a timeshare

*Consumer Comment: Sunset Harbor - PRL

we purchased in full a timeshare from Sunset Harbor Resort, Willis, TX back in October 2011.  We have been trying to get a refund on our investment ever since, because the company defrauded us and lied to us through salespeople making the presentation in Tallahassee, FL.

For our investment, we were promised that a company Sunset Harbor worked with, called Point Rental Liquidators (PRL) would allow us to "bank" our timeshares and receive over $2,000 a year in rental income, regardless of whether PRL actually recented the units or not.  We were also promised a free membership in RCI and a number, and that was never received.   Because they admitted to being late in processing these memberships, we were promised a free week for the delays.  That never materialized, either.

In February 2013 we received a letter that Sunset Harbor had terminated its relationship with R&R Ventues of Las Vegas, and with PRL, leaving us without the promised and guaranteed rental income.  All we have received from Sunset Harbor are a deed and invoices for homeowner association fees and maintenance fees.  Despite numberous letters, emails and phone calls, we have yet to speak with a person in authority at Sunset Harbor Resort.

We have filed complaints with the State of Florida and are seeking to find an attorney who will handle a class action suit against Sunset Harbor.  If you are one of the hundreds that may have also been defrauded by this timeshare company, please contact me to begin legal action against them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2013 07:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sunset-Harbor-Resort/Willis-Texas-77318/Sunset-Harbor-Resort-Fraud-Deceit-in-Selling-Timeshare-Willis-Texas-1046968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sunset Harbor Resort

#1 General Comment

My Experience

AUTHOR: Graciebb - ()

Sunset Harbor wouldn't give us anything, however, I did reach back out to a BJ whom was helpful.  Very skeptical and it took a long time to get the points straightened out.  R&R closing has settled the money and now I can start using my package.  Word of warning....seems there are some group of people out there whom are upset and are being vindictive.  Still just keeping a watch on these forums to see any updates.

#2 General Comment

Would also like to file against PRL

AUTHOR: Kathy - ()

I am looking for "Chuck".  I would like to get in on the filings of PRL.

I also purchased Sunset Harbor through them in July 2011 and was told the same things as "Chuck".  When I called Sunset Harbor to hopefully have them buy back my time share,  I was told that PRL also took off with their funds.  However, they would honor my 12000 points.  Or they would send me a Deed release and I would no longer be liable with them, howerver, I would be out the purchase price of the time share.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

never buy a timeshare

AUTHOR: janie78j - ()

The best advice is NEVER buy a timeshare anywhere. It is a scam and the so-called timeshare you buy is sold over and over again to other people. It is very difficult to sell your timeshare now and renting isn't in the deal. It will cost you more to buy a timeshare and maintenance fee than to rent a hotel room or a full ownership of a condo. Don't do it. I recommend you to read this article about timeshare scams and how to get out of one:

Sunset Harbor - PRL

AUTHOR: Rick F - ()

I am trying to reach individual by name of Chuck - who filed a report April 29.2013 regarding his Sunset Harbor/PRL situation as we are victims also.

I don't want to print my information here so if there is a way to contact me please do.