Complaint Review: T & S TRANSMISSIONS & AUTO CARE

• Updated: Thu, March 03, 2011

• Reported By: Roger — Tampa Florida United States of America
T & S TRANSMISSIONS & AUTO CARE
6301 Causeway Blvd. Tampa, Florida United States of America

T & S TRANSMISSIONS & AUTO CARE Stephen Hacket, Torrence Meteye, & Liars,Scam Artist,Thieves Tampa, Florida

BUYERS BEWARE.I purchased a rebuilt transmission from this company 5 months ago from Steve Hackett.He charged me $1,800.00 with 1 year warranty. 1 month later the transmission would only go into reverse.

I contacted the office several times,but no one ever returned my call.I spoke to John,whom explained that only Steve could exchange my transmissions,and he would be on vacation for the next 2 weeks.

I called again 2 weeks later and spoke to Torrence Meteye,which is Steve's partner.He explained to me that he would not be able to exchange my transmission because the sale was never reported by Steve,which means he had to have pocketed the sale money.He explained that Steve had been stealing from the company and they were in the process of closing down.

I contacted the local sheriff's office,but unfortunately this is a civil matter and they weren't able to help me.They recommended that I'd contact the local district attorney's office and make a complaint.I did as instructed by the sheriff,and WHAT A SURPRISE.....they have done this to numerous customers in the past.

Steve has opened several businesses under different names and continuously robs customers money.They sell you a "REBUILT TRANSMISSION",THAT ISN'T ACTUALLY REBUILT.They clean & paint the outer case and sell you a used transmission as if it was rebuilt.

Not only am I out of $1,800.00,I paid $500.00 for installation,and 5 months later,my car is parked and is inoperable.If any one else has done business with these thieves and have received the same treatment,PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL DISTRICT ATTORNEYS OFFICE IMMEDIATELY AND JOIN THE CLASS SUIT.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2011 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-S-TRANSMISSIONS-AUTO-CARE/Tampa-Florida-33619/T-S-TRANSMISSIONS-AUTO-CARE-Stephen-Hacket-Torrence-Meteye-LiarsScam-ArtistThi-702159. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T & S TRANSMISSIONS & AUTO CARE