Complaint Review: TLG Great Fun

• Updated: Sat, September 08, 2012

• Reported By: pulcino — California United States of America
TLG Great Fun

TLG Great Fun Great Fun Scam Internet

I was scammed by "Great Fun" when I purchased an online ticket from CheapoAir. There was a big button in the middle of my ticket reservation stating simply that by clicking it I get a $20 rebate. When I clicked on it, a pop up appeared with just an 1-800 (1-800-822-9612) phone number to call, absolutely nothing else.  I thought it was from CheapoAir. When my call was answered I was asked my name, address and phone number.

At that point I started to get suspicious because I had already entered the information they were asking when making the CheapoAir reservation, so they should have had it. So I repeatedly asked how was my information going to be used, and each time I was assured that the information was needed "just to know where to send the rebate". Then the telemarketer read the conditions VERY quickly, but since I was on my guard, I heard her mention that if I don't cancel the membership then I would be  charged monthly. I stopped her sales pitch right away, and clearly stated that I refused their benefits. I was told that I would not be enrolled without my consent,
but when I checked my credit card the next day, I already had a charge from Great Fun.

Since then I have been calling Great Fun customer service almost every day, trying to clear the charge and make sure I will not
be enrolled in the Great Fun "benefits", but they kept telling me they can't find me in their database despite the fact that my credit card has already been charged!I talked to a supervisor, all to no avail.

If you hear "Great Fun", hang up the phone right away!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2012 02:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TLG-Great-Fun/internet/TLG-Great-Fun-Great-Fun-Scam-Internet-938459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TLG Great Fun