Complaint Review: Telecheck

• Submitted: Sat, February 04, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, February 04, 2012

• Reported By: Rachel — La Crescent Minnesota United States of America
Telecheck

Telecheck Left Wal Mart empty-handed, but Telecheck called months later to collect debt Internet

I went Christmas shopping in Wal-mart several times last December. I remember now, there was one occasion when I left my check card at home and attempted to use my Wal-mart credit card. After that attempt failed I ran out to my vehicle for my checkbook...another failed attempt to pay for my selected items. Ultimately, I left the store empty handed with the intention of coming back at a later time to make the same selections.  So a little over a month later, I receive a call from a company claiming to collect a debt for Wal-mart. This call woke me up from a sound sleep, caught me off guard, and after being told that if I attempted to go into Wal-mart to make a purchase my sale would be declined, like an idiot I gave them my check card number so we could move forward. I paid the balance off plus a thirty dollar NSF fee.  After waking up, I had second thoughts about the decision I made to give the information and thought I'd better notify Wal-mart and my bank.  I also looked online in my checking account around the time this purchase was supposed to have occurred and I had over a thousand dollars in my account, so no way my check would have bounced.  Of course now, almost 2 weeks later, I realize the "purchase" they were referring to never occurred.  I paid $131.16 to be embarrassed in their store and walk out empty-handed. Needless to say, I'm not a happy customer!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2012 10:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Telecheck/internet/Telecheck-Left-Wal-Mart-empty-handed-but-Telecheck-called-months-later-to-collect-debt-I-834072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Telecheck