Complaint Review: The Clock Gallery

• Updated: Tue, April 23, 2013

• Reported By: Florida Girl — Bradenton Florida
The Clock Gallery
2249 Bee Ridge Road Sarasota, Florida United States of America

The Clock Gallery Deceptive practice, charges for things that do not need fixed Sarasota, Florida

I bought a clock from an internet website (which, by the way was a total rip-off, clockway.com) and when it arrived the clock hands were bent so that they did not work right, they kept getting stuck on each other. The clock was a reputable brand (Howard Miller) and I did not want to mail it back for repairs because I had company coming and my wall was bare with no clock (my old clock broke.) So I took the clock to The Clock Gallery on Bee Ridge Road. (My mom had purchased this identical clock from The Clock Gallery approx. 6-7 years ago and hers is working fine to this day.)

When I showed The Clock Gallery owner, a man, my clock I told him I had ordered it from the internet and when it arrived the hands were slightly bent. I wanted him to just straighten out the hands so they could rotate without getting caught on each other. He turned the clock over and said, "Here' s your problem. This motor does not have enough torque to turn the hands." I need to replace the motor. That'll be $65." I was shocked when he said this.

Back to my mom--her clock was identical to mine, she bought it at this store we are now standing in, and apparently the man forgot this fact, as it had been some years ago when he was located in a different location in Sarasota. Her clock was made the same on the back and front as the one I was holding.

I absolutely knew the man was lying to me, but against my better judgment and frustrated, I said, "OK. Just fix it. I just want it to work." I saw the man's wife, who also works there, shoot him a look when he told me his diagnosis, and I knew what was going on. When we walked out my mom said to me, "Why did you tell him to go ahead and "fix it" since all it needed were the hands bent back into position? You knew he was lying, since our clocks are the same and my motor on my clock has worked for years with no problem."

I said, "I know. He was pathetic that he resorted to being dishonest. I guess I felt sorry for him since his business must be so bad that he had to resort to this to make money.  I would never go back there. I have a Bible scripture for you, the dishonest man:

(Luke 16:10) The person faithful in what is least is faithful also in much, and the person unrighteous in what is least is unrighteous also in much.

I'm not the only one that saw what you did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 08:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Clock-Gallery/Sarasota-Florida-34239/The-Clock-Gallery-Deceptive-practice-charges-for-things-that-do-not-need-fixed-Sarasota-1045460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Clock Gallery