Complaint Review: The Reader's Digest Association Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, August 01, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, August 01, 2011

• Reported By: Rebecca — Boise Idaho United States of America
The Reader's Digest Association Inc.
7501 Winsted Drive Louisville,KY Louisvill, Kentucky United States of America

The Reader's Digest Association Inc. I have received 4 shipments of books and free gifts (that has cost me $128.40 + one I had sent back cost for postage $3.57 for a total of $131.97 for books that I did not want and did not order. I hav Louisvill, Kentucky

*Consumer Comment: You're trapped into a mistake, there's NO way this could happen except you'r ordering it, IF YOU ARE SURE YOU DIDN"T ORDER IT, stop payment.

I have received 4 shipments of books and free gifts (that has cost me $128.40 + one I had sent back ,cost for postage $3.57 for a total of $131.97 for books that I did not want and did not order. I have sent letters,  NOT TO SEND any more, well I received another book and 2 free gifts, a tank car and chep pen set. How do I get this to stop without my credit being afected? Please help it to stop

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2011 10:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Readers-Digest-Association-Inc/Louisvill-Kentucky-40281/The-Readers-Digest-Association-Inc-I-have-received-4-shipments-of-books-and-free-gifts-759156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Reader's Digest Association Inc.

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

It's an old scam, send it, and Bill for it, so old there's a law against it.
If you are sent something YOU DIDN'T ORDER, AND they bill you, THERE'S NO CHARGE simply tear up the bill, and enjoy your FREE GIFT, You can do whatever you like with your free gift, Including throw it away, YOU ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO SEND IT BACK.
So enjoy it as you wish.