Complaint Review: Thrifty Propane

• Updated: Mon, August 26, 2013

• Reported By: Yo Mio — West Unity Ohio
Thrifty Propane
PO Box 2018 Medina, Ohio USA

Thrifty Propane False advertising and refusal to comply with their advertising Medina Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: Explanation of Price Beat Guarantee and Honored Guarantee

Thrifty Propane sent me an email advertisement stating "We guarantee to beat any current pricing by at least 10 cents per gallon."  I tried three different times to get them to honor their advertisement, but none of their phone personnel would acknowledge it.  All I could get out of them is "I'll try to get you the best price I can.  I need my manager to OK it".

I had a quoted price from Baker's Gas for $1.28 per gallon for 850 gallons of HD5 propane (the same type of propane that Thrifty sells).  Thrifty Propane should have sold it to me for $1.18 per gallon, 10 cents less than Baker's Gas.  However, the best price I could get from Thrifty was $1.269 per gallon.

I called Baker's Gas again, thinking that perhaps the price of propane had increased and that Thrifty was actually giving me the 10 cent discount they advertised.  However, Baker's Gas informed me that the price of propane had actually decreased to $1.25 per gallon, so I made my purchase from Baker's Gas.

Based on their advertisement of beating any current pricing by 10 cents per gallon, I feel that Thrifty Propane owes me $86.25, since my actual purchase was 862.5 gallos of propane.  If Thrifty Propane is allowed to make false statements, they shoud pay for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2013 01:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thrifty-Propane/Medina-Ohio-44258/Thrifty-Propane-False-advertising-and-refusal-to-comply-with-their-advertising-Medina-Ohi-1079181. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thrifty Propane

Explanation of Price Beat Guarantee and Honored Guarantee

AUTHOR: Thrifty Propane - ()

Thrifty Propane has a “Price Beat” Guarantee. Our Guarantee reads:

“Please fill out the following and we will get back to you with a price that beats your current supplier by a minimum of 10 cents per gallon.”

Each customer is asked to fill out an on-line form in which they state their contact information, their county, and the number of gallons they desire, their current supplier and their current supplier's price per gallon. It is unclear from this report whether the customer advised Thrifty of his current supplier's price per gallon. In like manner, the customer has not indicated anywhere that Baker's Gas is or was his current supplier. Our customer reps require this information in order to act on the guarantee. Despite the fact that this customer  purchased his propane elsewhere, we paid him $84.00 to honor our guarantee.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC