Complaint Review: TigerDirect (parent company Systemax)

• Submitted: Tue, November 02, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, November 15, 2010

• Reported By: TD Customer — Aliso Viejo California United States of America
TigerDirect (parent company Systemax)

TigerDirect ,parent company Systemax), Memory Description False, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Advertising Error

I purchased an HP nc6220 (off lease).  The laptop was advertised as coming with a 1GB simm in one memory slot, and the other memory slot free.   Based on this information, I ordered another 1GB of memory.

When the memory arrived and I begain to install it, I found that the laptop had been configured with two 512MB memory cards.  This constrained me to 1.5GB of memory since I could only put the 1GB simm in one slot and had to leave one 512MB simm in the other.

I pleaded my case to TD help personnel but they said there was nothing they could do.  They offered to sell me another memory simm at cost or take the laptop back.  I asked them if I were to buy another laptop, could I order it with the additional memory already installed - the answer was no.

They thanked me for finding the error on the description but as of this writing, it hasn't been changed.  I guess it's a money maker for them since people end up buying twice the memory since they have to remove BOTH of the existing simms and put in two new simms.  I'm dissappointed in TD's business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2010 05:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TigerDirect-parent-company-Systemax/internet/TigerDirect-parent-company-Systemax-Memory-Description-False-Internet-657828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TigerDirect (parent company Systemax)

Advertising Error

AUTHOR: Ernie E. - (U.S.A.)

Hello,

I do apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused you and I would like to gather more information in order to be able to better assist you regarding this issue.

Please provide me with your order number so I may look into this issue and provide a satisfactory resolution to the matter. You may email me directly at ernie@help.tigerdirect.com.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards.