desperate

323 E. Church Street Cartersville, Georgia United States of America
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category:

Tina Jake Branch Banking & Trust Company Bank, A check in the amount of 3,000 Cartersville, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: He tried to scam me as well!

I had listed two mink coats on Craigslist for sale. Tina Jake answered my email and said her Secretary was sending me a cashier's check in the amount of $3,000.  When I received the check I was supposed to take it to my bank and cash it and call her and she would send someone to pick up the coats.

I received a check from Fed Ex today in the amount of 3,000 sent by Katherine Crawford from Jacksonville, FL.  The check is written from Ciry of Cartersville Gas System on Branch BAnking and Trust Company Bank in Cartersville, Ga.  I called the City of Cartersville Gas System and of course they know nothing about a check that would be written to be in that amount for cash (that is what it said on the memo part of the check) and certainly not for mink coats.  I tried to call the bank of which there is no such bank in information.  The City of Cartersville will call me back the first of next week to verify all this information, etc.  THIS IS A SCAM!

Its horrible that people like this get by with this.  Had I just put this check in my bank, it would of not been any good and I would of been liable for all the checks that would have been floating around that I had written thinking this was a good check.

BEWARE of other scams like this in jobs, of which I was scammed also about a job listed on Craigslist.  IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT NORMALLY IS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2010 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tina-Jake/Cartersville-Georgia-30120/Tina-Jake-Branch-Banking-Trust-Company-Bank-A-check-in-the-amount-of-3000-Cartersville-558951. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tina Jake

He tried to scam me as well!

AUTHOR: The Original - (United States of America)

Hello,

I got the same scam via Craigslist for a truck I was selling. I knew right away it was a scam talking about shipping companies and cashiers checks made out for more than the price.

Once the fake check came (might as well string the scammer a long and make him/her pay for some UPS fees) I typed in the various addresses on it and I got a link to this report.

If you'd like to share information (I am interested in knowing what the return address on the UPS envelope is to compare to the one I have)  email me back at antifa7 at yahoo dot com. My name is Ryan.