Complaint Review: Tire Choice

• Updated: Tue, May 31, 2011

• Reported By: Bryce — Riverview Florida United States of America
Tire Choice
Tampa, Florida United States of America

Tire Choice Lied about having a dead battery. Had to get truck towed and repaired. Tampa, Florida

I woke up Memorial day about an hour from my house with a 2006 Nissan Frontier that would not start.  I took the battery to Tire Choice in Tampa to have it checked.  He told me that the battery was "destroyed."  The battery is only 5 months old so I thought that strange.  I purchased a new battery and installed in the truck but it still would not start.  I had it towed to Tire Choice.

They figured out that it was a rubber grommet on the clutch pedal that broke off.  It is a safety switch that will not let the truck start if the clutch is not depressed.  They charged 6.00 for the part and 65.50 for towing.  I got the truck home and had the "destroyed" battery tested at Auto Zone and they said the battery is in perfect condition.  I put the old battery back in the my truck and I tried to take the new battery back to the Tire Choice by my house.  They told me that they could not do it because they are a different store.  I explained the situation about them saying my battery was destroyed and I was told my old battery was never tested because it was not on the receipt.  I tried to explain that I was standing right there when it was tested.

I called the store where I bought the battery and I asked for the corporate number. Bob told me that they do not have a corporate number and he could help me.  I told him no thanks and that I would find the number to talk to them directly.

I think the situation was handled incorrectly.  Also, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that the technician would lie right to my face and tell my my battery was "destroyed."  I have a Tuffy Tire Center, Goodyear, Sam's Club Car Center, and a Firestone within a mile of the Tire Choice.  I can guarantee that I will never step foot in the Tire Choice again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2011 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tire-Choice/Tampa-Florida-33626/Tire-Choice-Lied-about-having-a-dead-battery-Had-to-get-truck-towed-and-repaired-Tam-735125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tire Choice