Complaint Review: Title Max

• Updated: Sat, July 12, 2014

• Reported By: Kelly — Chicago Heights Illinois
Title Max
Nationwide USA

Title Max They repoed my truck, I was only one month behind due to loosing my job, and I had called to explain my situation Sauk village IL Nationwide

*Consumer Suggestion: It's a little too late to find out your interest rate AFTER YOU signed the contract.

I took out a title loan, I was approved for $4000, but after they took out fees, moly only got $3800. I don't ever remember seeing the paper where it shows the interest rate, or how much I would be paying back after two years.

I was in a bind and needed the money, I didn't even need that much, but they talked me into taking the full amount I was approved for. After continulesly making my payment every month, I had paid off the amount that borrowed and more within less then a year, I then lost my job, and was not able to make my payment, they said I could refinance, but they would add $800 more on to my loan, after being late one month, they repoed my truck, was told I would have to get caught pun with my payments and late fees before they would release my truck, then I would have to pay the place for storing my truck.

I don't know how this can be legal, this ihe one of the reasons why this country is going to shit. You go to someone for help when your struggling, and you end up loosing more thn what you started with. The interest rate they gave me was 111%, who does that, really?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2014 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Title-Max/nationwide/Title-Max-They-repoed-my-truck-I-was-only-one-month-behind-due-to-loosing-my-job-and-I-1161564. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Title Max

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Did they change the amount AFTER YOU signed?  Didn't think so. The interest rate to people with their credit in the toilet is ALWAYS high.  They assume at some point you would default and you didn't disappoint.

I don't work for them, would NEVER use a deadbeat lender and don't believe you were ripped off. You did it to yourself and now want to blame anyone else.  This is NOT your first time for defaulting on a loan, is it?

fathers