Complaint Review: Toys R Us

• Reported By: Jackie — pittsburgh Pennsylvania United States of America
Toys R Us
william penn hwy pittsburgh, Pennsylvania United States of America

Toys R Us unethical business practices pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Bought over $150 worth of merchandise. Had a coupon which stated if I spent $75 or more, I would get a $10 gift card. Did receive gift card.

Returned $50 of merchandise to store 2 to 3 weeks later. I was NOT refunded the price I originally paid for the items. I received $3.41 less than I paid. Associates said it was because of the gift card. I tried explaining that even though I returned some merchandise, my total sale was still over $75, which qualifies for the gift card. Associates said it doesn't matter, that's store policy.

I said I should not receive a lesser amount since my original purchase was still over the $75. If I had returned more merchandise, and my original purchase was lowered below the $75, it would absolutely make sense that I should not be refunded the full purchase price. Told several associates this, including the assistant manager. It's really just simple math. They again told me its store policy..I said the policy is really nonsense, and that they were STEALING money.

I have since emailed the company, and I have not received any kind of response.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2011 07:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toys-R-Us/pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15239/Toys-R-Us-unethical-business-practices-pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-800613. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toys R Us