Complaint Review: Tradekey

• Reported By:Syracuse New York USA
Tradekey

Tradekey Promoting Fraudulent Wholesale Sellers Karachi, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Tradekey websites rip people off

I am an online retailer who signed up with Tradekey in order to purchase cosmetics items
wholesale.  I created a profile that specifically stated that I was interested in purchasing Stila and MAC Cosmetics which are two different lines of cosmetics, MAC being considered on the higher end and more expensive that Stila.

Within only a few hours of having signed up, I started receiving dozens of emails from sellers based in China who claimed that they had MAC Cosmetics for sale.  I actually pursued one of these sellers to the point where I was just about ready to place an order through PayPal, when the seller alerted me to the fact that I should not include any private notes in my payment page that might indicate that I was purchasing "replica", to use this seller's words, which is not allowed on PayPal.

Once I read this seller's remarks, I immediately challenged the seller, asking if his MAC Cosmetics were real or fakes.  To be fair to him, he gave me a quick, honest answer, letting me know that they were in fact, fakes, and that he was sorry to have wasted my time.

I called Tradekey and left a message on a random voice mail.  I also submitted an email complaint.  In both my message and email I asked that someone contact me regarding the fact that there are several fraudulent sellers on the Tradekey site claiming to have MAC Cosmetics for sale.  I also added that it is outrageous that some of these sellers have what is called GoldKey status on the site, which gives them added credibility and what the company calls "trust points."  I do not expect that I will receive an answer either by phone or email, but if I do, I will be sure to update my complaint here.

My objective in taking the time to fill out a report is to hopefully not only bring this fraudulent activity to the attention of the public eye, but also to expose Tradekey for allowing such fraudulent activity to take place on its site while turning a deaf ear to disgruntled buyers who are being burned by this activity.  I have already spent hours of time on this matter, which to me is no different than having spent hundreds of dollars getting scammed; time is money, after all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2011 07:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tradekey/internet/Tradekey-Promoting-Fraudulent-Wholesale-Sellers-Karachi-Internet-701163. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tradekey

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Tradekey websites rip people off

AUTHOR: Rob Graves - (United States of America)

Yeah unfortunately Tradekey is a breeding ground for Chinese scammers
who rip people off. Tradekey will not only respond to my multiple fraud
claims, but they keep allowing scammers to do business on their website.
Just because it's overseas doesn't mean it's OK. Keep complaining and
filing reports. If you know anyone that reads or speaks Chinese, or you
can translate, contact the Chinese Ministry of Commerce.

Best of luck.