Complaint Review: Transfer Smart

Transfer Smart
2241 W. 190th Ste Torrence, California United States of America

Transfer Smart tranferring of ownership Torrence, California

*Consumer Comment: The Truth

Last year on 1/22/11, I or we (my husband and I) attended a seminar.  It showed us ways to get rid of our timeshare, assessment fees and mainteance fees.  We watched videos and projections, our instructors were or seemed quite knowledgeable.

The main instructor, Bill Bunning- (executive consultant),seemed to know his stuff.   There was a room full of people and only three families stayed back to complete papers and exchanged information and finances, we were one of them.

We had one timeshare, our quoted cost was $3,894.00.   We put $1,000.00 and paid the balance in another installment.  Our mainteance fees were to be paid for January, February and March (sum of $132.00) was included in the cost quoted.  Several calls have been made to Mr Bunning and my last call he related that he was no longer with this company.

Calls have been made to several member of this company, papers have been completed.  A power of a attorney was done and notarized.  I have a stack of papers and lots of names and phone numbers; this has been over a year and nothing has been done or completed.  I haven't heard anything from anyone, last month I received and paid my mainteance fee; this has been a nightmare and we are still in it.  How do we get out of this nightmare?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2012 08:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Transfer-Smart/Torrence-California-90504/Transfer-Smart-tranferring-of-ownership-Torrence-California-926426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Transfer Smart

The Truth

AUTHOR: Timeshare Vigilante - ()

Resort Member's Association owned by David McMillan. He also owns TimeshareCure, TransferSmart, Right Choice Transfer, Pacific Transfer, Pacific Title, Pacific Property Transfer, Timeshare Relief and a few others.
Pacific Transfer is a DBA for Gray Wolf Transfers, Inc, which you can see here:

They are only registered as a corporation, and they have none of the required real estate licenses to render the services they claim to offer. Most of the other companies aren't registered at all, they don't exist on paper.

Also, here is a list of various lawsuits and investigations:

On page 3 under California you can see that TransferSmart has been issued a Final Order to Desist and Refrain for operating illegally in California.
On Page 4 second from the top you'll see Donate Title (Resort Member's Association) where it says, "Referral to the Connecticut Office of the Attorney General ("OAG") for purposes of
enforcing a subpoena under CGS § 42-110k. The OAG will be seeking a court order
requiring compliance." and there's an ongoing investigation.

These companies are all registered to an address in Torrance, CA. I know someone who visited the address, and there is NO OFFICE THERE! Mr. McMillan's address however up in Palos Verdes is one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in California if not the nation (it must be nice, I wonder how he sleeps at night).

On occasion there will be a fluke and a property will actually be transferred, but keep in mine this has been done illegally and you will then be involved in an illegal operation.

Report them to the Police Department in your area but make sure they know to forward the complaint to the Police Department in Torrance, and also to forward the investigation to your financial institution.

File online FTC complaints here:

FBI complaints here:

File Complaints with your Attorney General, the Attorney General in Florida, and file a complaint with CA Bureau of Real Estate here:

...and don't forget to file complaints with the BBB as well, because some people still assume that a good rating on the BBB means a company is trustworthy.

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, I do not give legal advice, I'm merely a person who did the basic research for information that the average person might not know is readily available. (all information anyone can find on Google).  If you choose to file any complaints or reports based on my information it is because you have made the decision to do so.  Good luck!