Mayor

• Updated: Fri, February 22, 2013

• Reported By: Jil — Silverdale Washington United States of America
Travel Around the World timeshare reseller
5406 West 1100 North # 523 Internet United States of America

Travel Around the World timeshare reseller TATW Failed to complete timeshare exchange transaction and left me with bills, no email, don't answer phone, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: TATW Scam/Grand Solmar Lies

TATW or Travel Around the World is a company that claims to resell timeshares and manage timeshare exchanges.  This company was recommended by Grand Solmar/Playa Grande and works with Grand Mayan vacation club.

I exchanged a timeshare and was told that TATW would manage the transaction.  I paid TATW ~$1800. July, 2010 and completed all of the necessary documentation requested by TATW.  I was told the transfer would be completed soon.  After several phone calls and excuses like, "the Mexican system is slow", and "It's not our fault" from TATW I've run out of options.  When I was at Grand Solmar in April, 11, I was told by the Grand Solmar representative that 'everything was complete and taken care of'.  Today, I received a bill from Grand Mayan for a debt TATW said they paid on the timeshare in Nov., 2010.  I called Grand Mayan and there is no record of the payment or the transfer of title from me to TATW.  TATW does not answer their phone, no email addresses are listed for TATW and i never received any information on accessing their website to follow the transaction.

We have been ripped off by Travel Around the World, Grand Mayan and Grand Solmar.  And I'm still on the hook for a timeshare I have never used at Grand Mayan.  Do not trust any of these businesses!!!  And beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2011 06:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travel-Around-the-World-timeshare-reseller/internet/Travel-Around-the-World-timeshare-reseller-TATW-Failed-to-complete-timeshare-exchange-tran-729101. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travel Around the World timeshare reseller

#1 Consumer Suggestion

TATW Scam/Grand Solmar Lies

AUTHOR: RoseW - (United States of America)

Never pay an up-front fee in an effort to sell or exchange your Timeshare! and unfortunately, TATW, along with Grand Solmar, are known for being very fraudulent, they don't have a good reputation. I know a company called Mexican Timeshare Solutions that can give you a free consultation on your issue, this is their website: