Complaint Review: US Airlines

Phoenix, Arizona United States of America
  • Phone: 866-371-7513
  • Web:
  • Category: Airlines

US Airlines Alexis Doug Scam letter offering airline tickets to anywhere in continental U.S. Phoenix, Arizona

I received a letter in a hand-written envelope addressed to me with no return address, post-marked from Phoenix, AZ.

Inside, I found a letter with a very "poor" looking letterhead that says "US Airlines," all black in color. There is nothing else under the letterhead (i.e. - no return address information, etc.).

The letter is addressed to me and in the reference line it states "NOTE:  You must respond no later than January 18th, 2012." I received the letter on January 18, 2012.

In the body of the letter, it says they are "pleased" to inform me that I have qualified for an award of 2 roundtrip airline tickets, and that they are valid for travel anywhere in the Continental U.S. from any major international airport. It says the retail value of this "award" is up to $1,400.00. It further states that "certain restrictions apply."

It goes on to say they have attempted to contact me several times without success and this is their last attempt. It then says that if they do not hear from me soon, they may need to issue the ticket vouchers to the "alternate."

The last paragraph is entirely in bold and states, "Please call me today at 1-866-371-7513."  The letter is signed by "Alexis Doug, Vice President." At the very end of the letter is some sort of code, I believe - FD 58021.

I attempted to call the number listed in the letter, late in the evening, and my call was answered by an automated system with a woman's voice that had a slight British accent. I was put on hold, transferred, put on hold again, and ultimately was asked to please leave a message, which , of course, I did NOT do.

I have no doubt this is some type of scam, as I have looked up "US Airlines," and no such company exists. My concern is how much of my personal information they may already have.

I believe my best recourse at this point in time is to take this letter, along with the envelope it came in, to my local post-office and report it as a scam.

If anyone else has received such a letter, and gotten any results in reporting this as a scam or actually called the number provided in the letter and got some sort of response.

Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2012 04:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Airlines/Phoenix-Arizona-/US-Airlines-Alexis-Doug-Scam-letter-offering-airline-tickets-to-anywhere-in-continental-U-824996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Airlines