Jefferson

Complaint Review: US Weekly Magazine & North Shore Agency, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, February 05, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, February 05, 2010

• Reported By: Crystal — Fort Lewis Washington United States of America
US Weekly Magazine & North Shore Agency, Inc.
PO Box 8254 Red Oak, Iowa United States of America
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category:

US Weekly Magazine & North Shore Agency, Inc. Said that I subscribed to their Magazine after I entered in to a sweepstakes that I clicked out of when I had to enter CC info. Red Oak, Iowa

I was on a website that was offering sweepstakes for a designer purse so I decided to enter.  I did not see it advertised any where that you had to put you credit card information or subscribe to this trash mag to enter to win. Once I entered my address I clicked enter a new screen popped up asking for my credit card information so I closed out.

Two weeks later I started getting US Weekly.  I do not read the mess nor do I believe in supporting it at all.  I did not open them and I saved them to send back once I got an address.  No bill no nothing came for months so I threw them away. I only received 3 mag's so I thought they were teasers.

Five months later I got a collection notice from US Weekly for 51 dollars. At first I thought it was a scam. !!???. There is no way on earth that should that expensive for one, secondly I never got a bill, thirdly there was never a number or any way I could dispute the charges. [continued below]....
..... Now I have a collection notice from another company all because of a stinking sweepstakes for a designer purse.

I realize it is only 51 dollars but it is the simple ethics of the matter.  Companies should not be allowed to make money this way!!!  There should be an ethics commity to govern business and bankers just like lawyers and doctors, this has simply gotten out of hand.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2010 06:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Weekly-Magazine-North-Shore-Agency-Inc/Red-Oak-Iowa-51591/US-Weekly-Magazine-North-Shore-Agency-Inc-Said-that-I-subscribed-to-their-Magazine-af-565207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Weekly Magazine & North Shore Agency, Inc.