Complaint Review: UTELL2011

• Submitted: Mon, June 20, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, June 20, 2011

• Reported By: ANGEL — MOSS POINT Mississippi United States of America
UTELL2011

UTELL2011 UTELL 2011 Unauthorized ACH withdrawl for 38.99 from my account, never signed up and don't know how they got my information , Internet

I found an ACH withdrawl on my checking account for $38.99 and upon calling my bank was informed that UTELL was responsible. The bank noticed right away that the name it was billed to wasn't even an authorized user on my checking account. When I called the company and demanded they give me the information, they were very evasive. At first they refused to issue my refund, but when I notified them that  the person they were claiming was the trial subscriber wasn't authorized, and that my bank would be handling a claim if they didnt cooperate they suddenly agreed to issue my refund. However, I am still freaked out, due to the fact that they had my personal account info. I know for a fact that no-one I know ever signed up for a trial VOIP (voice-over-internet-phone) service, especially since we have a phone line we're already in contract with and content with for that matter. And when I asked them for the phone information to this 'trial account' (phone number they issued?) they rudely explained that they had no access to that info. That it would've been sent when the trial was started? So they issued a phone service and didn't know the number to it? We'll see if I get my refund, but meanwhile I worry about how they accessed my account info, and even knew my email address!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2011 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UTELL2011/internet/UTELL2011-UTELL-2011-Unauthorized-ACH-withdrawl-for-3899-from-my-account-never-signed-up-743003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UTELL2011