Complaint Review: Ultimate Construction and Design

• Updated: Mon, May 06, 2013

• Reported By: Jaxsen329 — Sterling Heights Michigan
Ultimate Construction and Design
22611 Clairwood St Clair Shores, Michigan USA

Ultimate Construction and Design / Cesare DeStefanis Requested more than down for materials and NEVER did the work St Clair Shores Michigan

Cesare DeStefanis showed up and gave me a quote to refinish my kitchen cabinets and put a new concrete countertop in.  He requested that I give him $500 to start the job that would be around $5000 total.  I gave him the down payment.  He showed up three days later (even though it was supposed to be the next morning) and removed all of my cabinet doors and drawers.  He said he would sand and refinish them at his house and have that done within one week.  I called throughout the next week and he said he was finalizing the stain and poly and would have everything done by the weekend.  He said he needed more money for the materials for the countertop.  I gave him $2000.

He called a couple of days later asking for more money because one of his other jobs ended up costing him more than he thought and they had not paid him yet......so I gave him more money.

Long story short, after a couple of weeks of calling him CONSTANTLY and living in a house with no kitchen, I finally drove to his house.  His roommate let me into the garage to find all of my drawers and doors exactly the way he took them from my house.  He had started sanding a couple of them and went right through the center of the cabinet.  They were completely destroyed.

The only thing that he gave me was about 1000 excuses.  I ended up using a different contractor all together to build me new cabinets and ordered countertops.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2013 04:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ultimate-Construction-and-Design/St-Clair-Shores-Michigan-48080/Ultimate-Construction-and-Design-Cesare-DeStefanis-Requested-more-than-down-for-materia-1048876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ultimate Construction and Design