Complaint Review: Ultimate Iron Works

• Reported By: Anonymous — Irving Texas United States of America
Ultimate Iron Works
2069 Hwy 1187, Mansfield, TX 76063 Internet United States of America

Ultimate Iron Works Wrought Iron Door Panels Constructed of Fiberboard Internet

I purchased a double 8' ft tall wrought iron door from Richard Wallace of Ultimate Iron Works mid 2011. for $5400. A few weeks ago, I noticed that the large raised panels ( approx. 24" x 24") were swollen and cracked, which would be unusual for an iron door. I was shocked to discover that the panels were constructed of fiberboard, which is a compressed mixture of sawdust and glue. The panels were attached with an incredible small amount of bondo. We were able to remove them with a sharp push with our open palm. Another company currently has the doors and is overhauling them for $1500. I am new to the Dallas area and did not do my homework. If I had, I would have discovered that the Better Business Bureau gives them a grade of F. Sites such as this have numerous negative reports of the company. Initially when the door was delivered, the installation was so bad that I paid another company to remove and reinstall the door. They also failed to reinstall the elaborate interior trim moulding. I will post pictures if able.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2011 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ultimate-Iron-Works/internet/Ultimate-Iron-Works-Wrought-Iron-Door-Panels-Constructed-of-Fiberboard-Internet-804199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ultimate Iron Works