tool

• Updated: Tue, February 05, 2013

• Reported By: TeriG — Miami Florida United States of America
United Healthcare Florida Healthy Kids
13621 N.W. 12 Street, Suite 300 Sunrise, Florida United States of America

United Healthcare Florida Healthy Kids No Hospitals on Miami-Dade County Network Sunrise, Florida

I am a single mother with two daughters and an annual income of $45,000.  I pay $141 a month for each of my daughters for the United Healthcare Florida Healthy Kids plan.  That is $3,500 a year!

My daughter was prescribed a diagnostic EKG, and I have not been able to find a facility that will perform same.  When I asked her Pediatrician where she could have the EKG done, she said either Miami Children's Hospital or Baptist Hospital.  I called Baptist Hospital, made an appointment for the EKG, and when I arrived for my appointment and showed the insurance card, they looked at me with disdain, as if I were a pauper, and promptly told me that they do not accept UHC Florida Healthy Kids.  After missing 4 hours of work, I still have not been able to get the EKG.

I went online to search for another facility, and when I looked up Hospitals that are on the UHC Florida Healthy Kids network, THERE ARE NONE.  ZERO, ZIP.  There are two birthing centers and a suicide-psychiatric hospital ONLY.  No other hospitals on the network.  What happens if one of my daughter's needs surgery or a procedure that can only be performed at a Hospital?  There are NONE in the network.  United Healthcare and Florida Healthy Kids need to be investigated.  These types of atrocities have been going on for years, and they get away with it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2013 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Healthcare-Florida-Healthy-Kids/Sunrise-Florida-33323/United-Healthcare-Florida-Healthy-Kids-No-Hospitals-on-Miami-Dade-County-Network-Sunrise-1009458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Healthcare Florida Healthy Kids