Complaint Review: United Patent Research

• Updated: Sat, November 03, 2012

• Reported By: tim — Barnesville Minnesota United States of America
United Patent Research
2939 Olney Sandy Spring Rd.Ste.A Olney, Maryland United States of America

United Patent Research Selling me a patent knowing it would be invalid Olney, Maryland

I called United Patent Reseach in 2010 to help me patent my plant support called the tomato cradle.They wanted $790.00 to do a patent search,which I gladly paid. When they told me there was nothing else like it my wife & I decided to go for it! I told UPR from the beginning that my father & uncle had made these plant supports 30 years ago for their own personal use but never wanted to patent or sell them. I wanted to sell them but needed the patent protection UPR promised me.They needed $9,975 to continue the process which I paid. A year later I was issued a design patent & was told everything was good. In the meantime I have invested well over $2,000 in patent agents & help to get my product licensed only to find out my patent is invalid because I was not the original inventor! I am fine with that,but why didn't United Patent Research tell me right away that I could not patent my product because I did not invent it! They wanted my money & once they cashed the check they did not care! I know for a fact I told them the story about my family but of course they denide everything! So I guess it comes down to I said-he said & I know who will lose out there! I don't have the money to hire a lawyer because they robbed 75% of my retirement savings.I know I will never see my money again nor am I looking for sympathy,I just want the world to know about United Patent Research,thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2012 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Patent-Research/Olney-Maryland-20832/United-Patent-Research-Selling-me-a-patent-knowing-it-would-be-invalid-Olney-Maryland-964267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Patent Research