Complaint Review: Universal Class, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, January 30, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, February 10, 2010

• Reported By: Crissy25 — Los Angeles California U.S.A.
Universal Class, Inc.

Universal Class, Inc. Online learning, they taught me not to expect education. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: This is a summary/refresher course

This company offers a vast number of online classes, and some may offer value, but the math class I took was worthless.  It was advertised as a math refresher class, which I thought would be helpful in my teaching career.

Since I'm a credentialed teacher I expected some explanations, examples,  and practice problems.  What the website instructor offered was definitions, one example of each type of problem and a test.   Some chapters offered websites for additional information, but some of the sites presented did not even pertain to the topic being studied in that chapter.

I wouldn't say this is necessarily a ripoff, but the class I took was certainly a total waste of my $45.00 tuition.  And then of course I bought one of the books recommended at the beginning of the course, which was not helpful either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2010 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Class-Inc/internet/Universal-Class-Inc-Online-learning-they-taught-me-not-to-expect-education-Internet-562226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Class, Inc.

This is a summary/refresher course

AUTHOR: Sandra Dillinger - (United States of America)

If you have purchased the course in the last 30 days, contact us directly to voice your dissatisfaction, and we'll refund your money in full.

This is a refresher course, which summarizes a vast number of topics in math, algebra, and geometry. The exams you can retake at any time to build mastery and improve your score. For more in-depth instruction and practice on specific topics, we have a variety of other dedicated courses (such as Algebra 101, Algebra 1A, 1B, Geometry 101, Statistics, etc.). This course has been very well received by students, and this is the first criticism we've received. It doesn't sound like this was the right course for you.

Regards,