Complaint Review: Universal Studios Florida

• Updated: Tue, May 31, 2011

• Reported By: Don — Elmore Ohio United States of America
Universal Studios Florida
6000 Universal Blvd. Orlando, Florida United States of America

Universal Studios Florida Ticket Pricing Information Not Posted, Horrible Customer Service Orlando, Florida

On May 18, 2011, my family planned to spend the day at Universal Studios Florida. We paid $15 to park.  We didn't know there were 2 parks. I asked an employee, and he told me the admission price included both parks. Posted price information, which was hard to find, led me to believe the only ticket available was 1 day 2 park for $112, unless you bought the "Express Pass" for $160 each plus tax.

I got in line to buy 6 tickets.  I waited 70 MINUTES in that line. As I got toward the front of the line, I overheard people at the ticket windows talking about 1-park tickets for less money. I couldn't find that information posted. After waiting 70 MINUTES in line, my family decided they just wanted to leave...a place that keeps you in line 70 minutes to buy tickets, and doesn't even post their pricing information, doesn't care about giving us a good experience.

Since we had paid for parking, we walked around a bit without entering a park, and had lunch at Moe's. I wanted to file my complaint, and an employee told me where I could speak to "guest services" near the entrance from the parking garages.  I went to that booth, and it was closed. I walked from there back to the "guest services" booth at Islands Of Adventure entrance, where a lady listened to me and made a note.

I then went back to the ticket booth sign to see if single-park tickets were on it. I decided that must have been what was meant by the very small print that said "Other Day Ticket Options Available".

I'm now glad I didn't spend the $700 for tickets I'd have spent if the line had been faster.  We went back to our Disney resort and had a wonderful day at the pool.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2011 09:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Studios-Florida/Orlando-Florida-32819/Universal-Studios-Florida-Ticket-Pricing-Information-Not-Posted-Horrible-Customer-Servic-735359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Studios Florida