stuck

• Updated: Mon, January 28, 2013

• Reported By: Archangel0628 — Shippensburg Pennsylvania USA
University of One
777 S Harbour Island Blvd., Suite #280 Tampa, Florida United States of America

University of One Student Consulting Group, Inc. Student Loan Help Tampa, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Currently Negotiating

I discovered University of One as part of a websearch for help with paying delinquent student loans. I thought I was signing on for a program which is sponsored by the Department of Education to assist people to establish payments based on my income (I make minimum wage)

I called UofO and spoke with Tom Walker. He forwarded me a Power of Attorney and a Rehabilitation Negotiation Worksheet. The Power of Attorney I signed and my signature nortarized. I forwarded them 2 payments totaling $609.96.

Last month, I received a notice that my wages were being garnished by the Department of Education. It took 3 phone call before I got to speak to a person. I forwarded them a copy of the notice. They asked me to forward them copies of either my tax returns or pay stubs. I informed that they already possessed copies of my paystubs.

They have not responded to my emails.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2013 06:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/University-of-One/Tampa-Florida-33602/University-of-One-Student-Consulting-Group-Inc-Student-Loan-Help-Tampa-Florida-1005069. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on University of One

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Currently Negotiating

AUTHOR: Student Consulting Group - (United States of America)

We are currently negotiating a reasonable and affordable payment with his collection agency, Allied Interstate.  Once all necessary documentation was received from the client we were able to work on the case to put an end to the wage garnishment and negotiate a reasonable and affordable payment plan to also remove the loans out of a defaulted status.  We are still working with the client to put an end to all this and complete the job we were hired for.