Complaint Review: VIP Link Whirlpool Appliances

• Updated: Mon, June 02, 2014

• Reported By: carzin — Raleigh North Carolina
VIP Link Whirlpool Appliances
Internet USA

VIP Link Whirlpool Appliances The more products you buy, the less likely you'll have them shipped! Buyers beware Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: VIP Link Terms & Conditions

The Whirlpool Corporation makes a lot of appliance brands.  For their 'partners' and those that whirlpool deems fit, you can get a group code to allow you to join a special site called partners.whirlpool.com.  You can find the codes online.  Whirlpool makes this site and its pricing rather secretive, presumably because they are cutting out the middle men (people like Sears, Home Depot, and Lowes) from selling their product, and instead selling direct to customer.  While they aren't always the cheapest, they often run promos that can get the price of their appliances very attractively below the regular resellers.  They call this program their 'VIPLink'.

Make no mistake, you will NOT feel like a VIP when you use this service.

The only ordering process is pretty easy.  You select the appliances, enter your delivery address, select the delivery date, and enter your credit card.  No real issues there.  The problem comes when shipping the items to you.  First of all, the 'delivery date' that you select is entirely bogus.  It may or may not be the actual delivery date, so you can ignore that from the start.  In my case, I placed the order on May 6, and then I selected an initial delivery date of May 21, 2014.  By May 19, I had not received a call.  I called them up to discover that my microwave was on backorder, so as a result, they didn't ship my refreigerator, my stove, or my dishwasher.  And that they wouldn't be delivering until the following Wednesday (May 28).  They are careful to use the word 'estimated' delivery date, because as you'll find out, they can't promise anything on any date.  I was unhappy for a few reasons...  1) I had orderd almost 2 weeks ago. 2) They had not bothered to call me to tell me the order failed to ship. 3) My entire order was being held hostage because of a cheap microwave.

But I sucked it up.  No problem.  Scheduled another day off of work for the following week.  I found out they only ship on Friday to their delivery companies, so I called on Thursday (may 22) to see if they had the microwaves in.  I was told yes!   I was confident the problem was resolved until that following Monday, when I still had not gotten confirmation of shipment and a delivery setup call.  So, I called on the 26th of May to get a status check.  I was told that, once again, the microwave held the order up.  WHAT???!?!?!   This time the employee explained the key problem with partners.whirlpool.com ordering, and it is a big one, so I'll bold it...

Partners.whirlpool.com will not ship any part of the order until the complete order can be shipped.  AND partners.whirlpool.com will not HOLD any items in inventory from one week to the next if your order cannot be shipped.  Translation:  On the shipping date, if one of your items isn't available, then all the items are released back into inventory to be sold to other people.

To further clarify.  Lets say you are making a big order of tile from a distributor.  In order for the distributor to send you the tile, they have to send it all at once.  But instead of setting aside your tile as reserved inventory, they keep selling stuff that is in your lot to other buyers, so its going to be really hard to get your tile shipped since people keep taking from your lot.

The person on the phone said that I needed to call before noon on the shipping day, see if any item was back ordered, and if it was, remove that item from the order or change it to an instock item.  So that is what I did next.  I called on May 30 to find a stupid microwave was on backorder.  I changed my order to a more expensive instock item, and was told it would ship.

Did it ship?  Nope.  Finally, surrendering, I called whirlpool and told them to cancel the entire order.  It just wasn't worth the hassel.

I have used them, successfully, for other orders.  But take my advise.  Do NOT place large orders on this site, especially if your need is time sensitive.  You just can't trust them.  They have no supervisors you can speak with.  Just sales 'consultants' that are meerly phone monkeys.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2014 10:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VIP-Link-Whirlpool-Appliances/internet/VIP-Link-Whirlpool-Appliances-The-more-products-you-buy-the-less-likely-youll-have-them-1151445. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VIP Link Whirlpool Appliances

#1 Consumer Suggestion

VIP Link Terms & Conditions

AUTHOR: Roger_Thomas - ()

I understand the person's frustration in regards to the availability of product on their order, but I too have placed numerous orders via the VIP Link program and have never had quite the issue.

If you review their Terms and Conditions page, it clearly states that "Product availability is variable.  There is no guarantee that all products will be available all the time.  Product substitutions may not be available."

I suggest for people in the future that if you don't receive any notification that an item is on backorder, then call the customer service line.  A few minutes for a double check will save days or weeks of grief.