Complaint Review: VIVENT Alarm Company

• Reported By: Melissa — Randolph Massachusetts
VIVENT Alarm Company
4931 North 300 West Provo, UT Provo, Utah USA

VIVENT Alarm Company SCAM ARTISTS Provo Utah

I was a customer of Vivent for 5 years.  Our contract of 5 years was coming up last May and we had decided to put our house on the market so we called to tell them we did not want to renew for another year.

They told us we needed to send them a cancellation notification in writing with account number and specific wording signed by the person who held the account.  We did all this and sent the letter to the address specified.  I noticed two months later that we had continued to be charged (it was automatically debiting from my account).  I called and they claimed they never received the cancellation notification.  This was in September.  I immediately rewrote the cancellation letter, signed it and faxed it to them.  I thought we were all set.  I was upset and asked if they woudl refund the last couple months that had been charged since we weren't lving there and the system had been disabled - they were even monitoring it.  They said someone woudl call me and they never did.  I just let it go...and all of a sudden I notice this morning 12/1 that they have been continuing to charge me the last two months!!!!!

I call and the guys says it is our policy that after we receive the notification that we have a follow up call before actually cancelling the account.

Are you friggin kidding me....they are just total and complete scam artists!  I am so frustrated and would really love to file a class action suit against this company.  they now owe me $240 that I am sure I am never going to see.  How can they justify still charging me when they haven't monitored the house in months. The system is completely disabled.

I at least wanted to let others knwo to stay away from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2013 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VIVENT-Alarm-Company/Provo-Utah-84604/VIVENT-Alarm-Company-SCAM-ARTISTS-Provo-Utah-1103571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VIVENT Alarm Company