• Report: #720991

• Submitted: Fri, April 22, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, April 22, 2011

• Reported By: rshort24 — Buffalo New York United States of America
Valubuild Panel Homes Corporation
9858 Glades Rd., Unit 168, Boca Raton, FL 33434 York, Ontario United States of America

Valubuild Panel Homes Corporation Jan Brown's Valubuild This company ripped me off for about $13000. York, Ontario

*Author of original report: Integrety

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Ripoff by Florida Company not Toronto Company

In February 2004 I entered into an agreement online to purchase a kit for home construction. The initial deposit was for $2000. After modifications Jan requested another $1000. The contract required another $10k prior to delivery and the balance at delivery.

Jan promised the kit would be ready to ship by June, which was when my plans were complete but then said

When the draw from my construction loan was received by Valubuild they informed me that there would be an additional $19k needed because they increased the total price of the kit by that much! This was not what we agreed on!

At this point I realized I had been scammed. When I pressed for delivery their attorney got very nasty. To make a long story short, All I got for $13000 was a set of plans, a manual and a lot of pain.

I finally got another company from Buffalo, NY Thermal Foams who gave me a better product at half the price with excellent service and support.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2011 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Valubuild-Panel-Homes-Corporation/York-Ontario-/Valubuild-Panel-Homes-Corporation-Jan-Browns-Valubuild-This-company-ripped-me-off-for-abo-720991. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Valubuild Panel Homes Corporation

Integrety

AUTHOR: rshort24 - ()

Jan was the person I communicated with at valubuild. His comments after I was scammed indicated to me he had some knowledge of irregularities regarding customer orders. If I drive the getaway car while someone commits a crime and have even limited knowledge do I have some responsibility?

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Ripoff by Florida Company not Toronto Company

AUTHOR: Jan Brown - ()

My name is Jan Brown; The company in question was a franchise in Florida, owned and operated by Marc Bronstein (see info at : www.sunbiz.org Re: Valubuild Panel Homes Corp). I was never an owner or shareholder of the company in Florida.

On a few occasions I did visit the operation in Florida and even manned the phones for a while but was not involved in any retail financial transactions.  I received no renumeration from the Florida company and was forced to go to court against them for outstanding franchise payments.

I did not condone their selling metheods and as a result of very poor management, the company closed their doors leaving many people without their home kits.

I never called the Customer in question for any additional deposits - the Florida office did that.

I have been operating my company in Toronto since early 2000 and have a good reputation. Although I am not a member, even the BBB gives me an A+ rating.

I cannot be held responsible for the actions of another Company