Complaint Review: Various, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, July 11, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, July 11, 2012

• Reported By: Jonathan — Des Plaines Illinois United States of America
Various, Inc.
220 Humboldt Court Sunnyvale, California United States of America

Various, Inc. HookUP.com Cheating, Lying SCAMMERS Sunnyvale, California

I recently registered for an account with HookUP.com, a website owned and operated by Various, Inc. On registering the contextual agreement says that registration is free, you will receive 3 days free service and if the account is not closed within those 3 days a fee of $39.99 will be charged to your account for the next month's subscription. Upon registering I checked out the site and was not impressed. I immediately sent a request to close the account.

I checked my bank account, and saw that within minutes they had processed and charged my account for the month subscription. I have now sent 4 cancellation requests and demands for refund, every single one has been returned as undeliverable. I have attempted 3 calls and been disconnected each time after being bounced from department to department and sitting on hold for extended periods of time. Given these facts I was not the least surprised to see all the complaints for this company here on Ripoff Reports.

I have already reported the company to the FBI, BBB and IC3. I should have known better, but have learned, these sites, every single one are scams. NEVER AGAIN!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2012 05:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Various-Inc/Sunnyvale-California-94089/Various-Inc-HookUPcom-Cheating-Lying-SCAMMERS-Sunnyvale-California-909990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Various, Inc.