Complaint Review: Ventura Psychic

• Updated: Tue, April 23, 2013

• Reported By: scammed for years — Escondido California
Ventura Psychic
1474 E. Main Street Ventura, California United States of America

Ventura Psychic Katie Uwanawich scammed my mother and me out of hundreds of thousands of dollars- Ventura, California

*Author of original report: Ventura Psychic-Kathrine "Katie" Uwanawich

*Consumer Comment: True Morons

My mom and I are victims of a gypsy psychic scam that lasted for 36 years. Yep. You heard me. Katie Uwanawich of Ventura Psychic in Ventura, California,  began her scam on my mother during a time when she was extremely vulnerable. Katie came across as a very warm, caring and compassionate individual. She was like a mother or sister figure to us. Katie told us she was Catholic, and that all the spiritual work she did for her clients was based on high level Catholic practices. My mom introduced me to Katie when I was 19. Id been heading down a destructive path, and my mom was very concerned about my wellbeing. The brainwashing began, and my mom reinforced Katies philosophies and teachings.

All I can say is that what started out innocently enough slowly took on a life of its own. Katie wove an airtight intricate web of deception based upon our own spiritual beliefs blended with extreme fear.  We were told not to tell anyone about the work. Candles were needed for her to see during her meditation. These meditation sessions took place either at her church or somewhere in the mountains.

Initially the dollar amount for the work was manageable, but as time went by, more money was required to keep us safe. We were forced through our fears to come up with ways in which to fund this work; otherwise our loved ones would perish. Some of the ways we bankrolled the work was through furniture purchases in exchange for a family members cash (which we never saw), cars, gift certificates to clothing stores or Home Depotetc. etc. Everything was based upon faith and God. God blessed people for the sacrifices they made to help others, blah blah blah.

Theres SO much more to our story than what I can explain here. Katie is devious, manipulative, and plays upon innocent peoples fears and emotions. I know for a fact that there are other victims who have fallen hard for her scam, as evidenced by the large number of 1-5 year old cars with their paper plates still on them parked  in front of her home. It's utterly sickening.If I can help even one person by telling my story, and preventing him or her from being financially feasted on by the gypsy psychic scammers of the world, it will be a day for celebration!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2013 05:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ventura-Psychic/Ventura-California-93003/Ventura-Psychic-Katie-Uwanawich-scammed-my-mother-and-me-out-of-hundreds-of-thousands-of-d-1043058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ventura Psychic

Ventura Psychic-Kathrine "Katie" Uwanawich

AUTHOR: scammed for years - ()

The purpose of this website is to call out those businesses believed to be conning, scamming or frauding innocent people. It is this authors intention to provide information for other unsuspecting and vulnerable individuals that they, too, are being scammed out of valuables, cars and cash by Kathrine Katie Uwanawich of Ventura Psychic, and to GET OUT NOW.

Your pejorative remarks regarding my situation is clearly below the scope of this websites objectives, and I invite you to seek another venue where your narrow minded comments could be voiced.

The foundation for this particular crime is built SLOWLY upon innocent peoples emotions, spiritual beliefs  and vulnerability. Many are too ashamed to come forward to report it to the authorities once theyve discovered theyve been scammed, which is why it continues on without an end in sight.

If you are interested in learning more about how this scam works, there is a phenomenal website you can visit: http://www.gypsypsychicscams.com  This website is an absolute MUST for anyone who has been scammed by Ventura Psychic or any other gypsy spiritualist for that matter.

True Morons

AUTHOR: Ramjet - ()

It's too bad, but anyone who sends a scam artist hundreds of thousands of dollars is a true moron.

There are NO psychics anywhere and never have been.  They are ALL 100% frauds, pure and simple.

It's one thing if a person gets ripped off for a few bucks and learns their lesson but it's inconceivable that anyone would be dumb enough to give one of these low life's that much money.

I don't even feel sorry for someone who was a sucker for (OMG) 36 years. Amazing!