Complaint Review: Viator Tours

• Submitted: Tue, October 26, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, January 11, 2011

• Reported By: Anonymous — Dublin California United States of America
Viator Tours

Viator Tours Worst Customer Service, Only Cares About Money NOT Service! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: From Viator Support

I booked a London Tour for myself and 2 friends using Viator.com.  They subcontract to the local tour company, in this case, Evans Tours.  I've used Viator in the past in different countries and never had a problem until I went to London.  They didn't provide all the information when the tour was booked and they expected contact while we were on vacation!

We missed our tour so I quickly contacted Evans Tours and they had very poor customer service, as they were not willing to help in any way.  I asked if there was any way to get on the tour that already started or to be switched to a different tour and I would pay any cost difference.  The answer was "No" and "No".

I then asked for my money back as we were there during low/off season and I'm almost sure the entire bus was not full for a 3 hr tour in the middle of the week.  Again, they responded "No".

I gave them every opportunity to provide me and my friends with a tour of London but they didn't care!  They got paid and service didn't matter.

I contacted Viator, explained the situation, and they responded "No" as well.

Be aware of using this tour company if you are traveling overseas.  I would choose someone else!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2010 10:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Viator-Tours/internet/Viator-Tours-Worst-Customer-Service-Only-Cares-About-Money-NOT-Service-Internet-655629. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Viator Tours

From Viator Support

AUTHOR: Viator Support - (United States of America)

Hello,

My name is Loryanna and I work for Viator.com. I wanted to conduct a more thorough investigation into your complaint, so I wanted to see if you would be willing to provide me with a booking number or the e-mail address that you used to book with Viator.com. I realize you probably don't want to put that information out here on the web, so do feel free to e-mail me directly at loryanna@viator.com.

Once I have had a better chance to investigate what has prevented us from offering you a refund, I would be happy to give you a better explanation. Alternatively, if I find we're able to give you a refund, I would be happy to give you that good news as well.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you in advance for your time.

Loryanna Michalek