Complaint Review: Vitacost - Amazon

• Submitted: Wed, July 20, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, August 31, 2011

• Reported By: Suzie — Tyrone Missouri Virgin Islands (US)
Vitacost - Amazon
130 Lexington Parkway Lexington, North Carolina United States of America

Vitacost - Amazon TOTAL FRAUD! Vitacost Selling On Amazon REFUSE to Ship Number of Items CLEARLY LISTED on AMAZON Multipack Pages Lexington, North Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: Vitacost Representative

My experience has to do with the fact that Vitacost is now selling on Amazon. They had 258 items listed on multipack pages. On the multipack pages it stated very clearly how many you were supposed to get. However, they refuse to ship the amount of items clearly stated on the page. So that they don't have to cancel all the orders and send their cancel rate with Amazon through the roof they are shipping out the packages with one of each item. Even if the page clearly stated that you were getting 12 items they are shipping only one item. It is total fraud! What is worse Amazon is standing behind Vitacost instead of the buyers. If you look at Vitacost at Amazon you will see that several people got cheated and have left negative feedback. I placed an order for over $403 and they emailed me that they refused to ship the order because they were all multipacks and their price was for one item. They said it was a typo. Instead of cancelling the order they said they were going to ship ONE item out of the 58 items I ordered. They lyingly said that they wouldn't debit my debit card for the $403 but they did anyhow. They stole $403 out of my bank account and they say they're shipping me one item that costs $2.52. My daughter likewise got cheated as well as several other people. Now I will have to see how I can get my $403 back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2011 09:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vitacost-Amazon/Lexington-North-Carolina-27295/Vitacost-Amazon-TOTAL-FRAUD-Vitacost-Selling-On-Amazon-REFUSE-to-Ship-Number-of-Items-755926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vitacost - Amazon

Vitacost Representative

AUTHOR: Vitacost - (USA)

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience as well as the frustration this situation caused you to experience. We recently joined with Amazon and some errors were made in the advertisement of the products on their site. We are aware of this now and have done everything we can to make corrective action.

The result of the actions taken didn't result in customers paying more for product then they originally intended when placing the order.

You're welcome to call me, Catherine C., at 1-800-793-2601 and I will be glad to speak with you personally. I will be able to talk with the point person we have for Amazon here in our company and she is able to speak with them directly as well. If you prefer to email, you can reach me at customerservicevc@vitacost.com

I would be more than happy to resolve this as quickly as possible for you. I look forward to speaking with you. Kind regards.

Catherine C.