Complaint Review: Webb's Towing Lakeland

• Updated: Sun, October 28, 2012

• Reported By: patti2785 — lake wales Florida United States of America
Webb's Towing Lakeland
lakeland, Florida United States of America

Webb's Towing Lakeland Taking advantage of other's misfortune- Overcharging- Threatening Minor- Breaking Ordinance lakeland , Florida

My 17 year old daughter totaled her car and the police called a tow place to take it away. The next day, I spoke with Scott at Webb's Towing, who informed me that it was $161.00 and $20.00 a day for their services. When I complained about the charge, he informed me that the county sets the fees. The county does not set the fee, the county CAPS the fees so that dishonest tow companies cannot totally rape the public.

After informing me that I owed him over $200.00 (how?), he told me I needed to bring $161.00 and the title to the car to sign over to him to be free and clear. Now, I don't know what planet he is from, but a scrap car of my daughter's make and model brings $300.00--more than enough to satisfy his over inflated tow charge. Yet, somehow, he was trying to get me to bring him money and sign the car over to him, which would have put him at around $500.00 JUST TO TOW A CAR AND KEEP IT OVERNIGHT. The sad part of this is that places like this probably have people think they have to do this all of the time. Or, worse, charge your insurance without you knowing or even caring.

Also, Florida ordinance states that if you ask for your car back from a tow company, they have to respond in an hour. He told me if I wanted the car he would have to charge me an extra $100.00 to come out on a Saturday. Also, he does not have his prices posted and he told me I had to call one half hour before I came on Monday. These two things break county ordinances which read that prices have to be posted and that tow companies who hold cars must be open from 8-6.

This company is truly a rip off and takes advantage of other people's misfortune.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2012 04:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Webbs-Towing-Lakeland/lakeland-Florida-33810/Webbs-Towing-Lakeland-Taking-advantage-of-others-misfortune-Overcharging-Threatening-961085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Webb's Towing Lakeland